Nyad gained major national and international notoriety when she became the first person to swim from Cuba to Florida without the aid of a shark cage. The 111-mile journey took her 53 hours to complete as she swam from the beaches of Havana to Key West, Florida. She became known as one of the world’s greatest long-distance swimmers in the 1970s, and for the next thirty years, she continued to shock the world with her remarkable swims.
See The Playlist Every Distance Swimmer Needs!
This playlist has powered Diana Nyad through the hours of training before and after her epic journey from Cuba to Florida.
- Imagine, John Lennon
- Over the Rainbow, Iz
- White Rabbit, Grace Slick
- The Letter, Joe Cocker
- Don’t Think Twice, It’s All Right, Bob Dylan
- It Ain’t Me Babe, Beatles
- Maggie’s Farm, Beatles
- Ticket to Ride, Beatles
- Eleanor Rigby, Beatles
- HELP!, Beatles
- Sitting on the Dock of the Bay, Otis Redding
- Me and Bobby McGee, Janis Joplin
- If You Could Read My Mind, Gordon Lightfoot
- Stayin’ Alive, Bee Gee’s
- Sweet Baby James, James Taylor
- Going to Carolina, James Taylor
- Locomotion, Little Eva
- Shimmy Shimmy Coco Pop, Little Anthony
- Tears on My Pillow, Little Anthony
- Blue Bayou, Roy Orbison
- Gonna Take a Miracle, Laura Nyro
- Fly Me to the Moon, Frank Sinatra
- Spanish Lullaby, Madonna
- Black Magic Woman, Santana
- Oye Como Va, Santana
- Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow, Carol King
- Hit the Road Jack, Ray Charles
Swimming Gear News is courtesy of FINIS, a SwimSwam partner.