2017 MEN’S NCAA CHAMPIONSHIPS
- Wednesday, March 22 – Saturday, March 25
- IUPUI Natatorium – Indianapolis, IN
- Prelims 10AM/Finals 6PM (Eastern Time)
- Defending Champion: Texas (results)
- Championship Central
- Psych Sheet
- Live stream: Wednesday/Thursday Prelims & Finals, Friday/Saturday Prelims / Friday/Saturday finals on ESPN3
- Event Previews
- Live Results
- Thursday Morning Heat Sheet
The Gamecock teammates swam together in the first circle-seeded heats, pushing each other to the touch and hitting the top two times out of prelims. Minuth, a sophomore, was 4:09.55, cutting a second and a half off his seed time, which entered the meet seeded second. It’s been an explosive season for Minuth, who swam the 200 IM at SECs last year and didn’t make NCAAs.
Over the course of this season, Minuth has dropped his 500 free time from 4:26 all the way down to 4:09.5. He now sits #8 all-time in the event.
Mahmoud went 4:09.73 and jumps to #9 all-time.
Also in prelims, Michigan freshman Felix Auboeck moved to #11 all-time with a 4:09.93. The three will show down with the #3 and #5 swimmers all-time in Clark Smith (4:10.53 for fourth this morning) and Townley Haas (4:11.33 for fifth) tonight.