Applications due 04/28/18
- Direct and coordinate all activities of the Women’s Swimming program including the planning, organizing, and coaching of the NCAA Division II team; ensure compliance with university, Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference, and NCAA procedures and regulations.
- Provide leadership in the academic, personal, and athletic development of student-athletes at Dixie State University.
- Hire, supervise, and direct all part-time and volunteer assistants in proper function, assignments and NCAA compliance.
- Create an atmosphere and recruit student-athletes for the program, which fit Dixie State University’s and the NCAA Division II’s philosophies for athletics.
- Initiate Women’s Swimming team-specific fund-raising programs.
- Determine fiscal requirements and recommend budget to athletic administration. Monitor, verify, and reconcile expenditures of budgeted funds.
- Direct any Dixie State Women’s Swimming Camps (additional compensation provided).
- Purchase and maintain equipment.
- Schedule all Women’s Swimming meets. Coordinate schedule through proper channels in the Athletic Department.
- Support fund-raising responsibilities within the athletic department and be an active member of the Southern Utah community.
- Monitor academic progress of student-athletes and coordinate with Athletic Academic Advisor.
- Guide and supervise student-athletes related to dormitory living and campus regulations.
- Arrange team travel.
- Responsible for athletic competition credit.
- Coordinate medical coverage with Athletic Training staff.
- Provide information, results, and statistics to the Sports Information Director for press coverage, brochures, media guides and tournament schedules as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree required.
- Three years head coach or assistant coaching experience in swimming at high school, club, or collegiate level required.
- NCAA collegiate coaching experience preferred.
- Knowledge and proven competencies in swimming regulations and coaching.
- Ability to recruit students at the NCAA level.
- Proven commitment to academic and athletic success.
- Ability to represent the university by exercising good human relation skills in the community and state.
- Proven ability to assist in athletic fund-raising events, corporate sponsorships and scholarships.
- Ability to exercise critical human relations skills in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with students, faculty, staff, and the public.
How to Apply
Submit cover letter, resume and three professional references to Jason Boothe, Athletic Director via e-mail at [email protected].