Date posted: August 1, 2022
Location: 1870 Quaker Way, Wilmington, Ohio 45177
Wilmington College (Ohio) seeks qualified applicants for a full-time, postgraduate swimming intern.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Recruiting swimming student-athletes.
- Recruit sufficiently to meet overall enrollment goals by gathering prospects and arranging on-campus visits for prospective student-athletes and their families.
- Assist in preparing, organizing, and running swimming practices.
- Assist with competition management for home dual meets.
- Other duties as assigned by the Wilmington College Athletic Administration.
This is a full-time, two-year appointment (10 months annually). The successful candidate will receive a stipend, room and board. Housing will be in an off-campus house with other athletic interns.
The position reports to the Head Swimming Coach, Athletic Department Administration, and will work collaboratively with the Office of Admissions.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Demonstrated effectiveness in coaching swimming. Collegiate swimming experience is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- The ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment with student-athletes, coaches, and administrators.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Certification or willingness to obtain Lifeguard certification.
- Ability to gain working knowledge of OAC and NCAA rules.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references to: Libby Hayes, Director of Human Resources, [email protected] and Trip Breen, Head Men’s and Women’s Swimming Coach, [email protected].
Review of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position has been filled.
1870 Quaker Way
Pyle Center Box 1246
Wilmington, Ohio 45177
phone: (937) 481-2212