Applications due 10/31/19
Location: 4955 Peony Ln N, Plymouth, MN, USA
WAYZATA HIGH SCHOOL – Boys Swim & Dive Varsity Head Coach Job Posting
Wayzata Public Schools is in search of a Wayzata High School Boys Swim & Dive Varsity Head Coach for the upcoming 2019-20 season. WHS Boys Swim & Dive currently participates in the Lake Conference. The Head Coach will work directly with the WHS Director of Athletics & Activities to effectively implement a successful swim & dive program working with local swim clubs, conditioning, training, and skill development of players in the community.
We challenge our student athletes with high expectations of athletic performance and personal conduct and support our student athletes by modeling, teaching, and encouraging the skills and attributes that will help them succeed. We strive to understand each team member as an athlete, student, and an individual while at the same time instilling a sense of responsibility as members of the team, the school, and the community. Motivation is key and the successful Head Coach will inspire respect, discipline, effort, and teamwork that are the hallmarks of a great program.
Essential Requirement and Responsibilities:
- Communicate effectively within and outside the program while maintaining effective professional relationships with student-athletes, parents, managers, coaches, and staff
- Working with the WHS Director of Athletics & Activities, select and manage Assistant Coach(es)
- Schedule games and practice working with the WHS athletic department
- Conduct tryouts at the start of the MSHSL boys swim & dive season according to athletic department practices
- Provide opportunities for student-athletes to participate in training during the MSHSL summer waiver period, fall and winter leagues and training.
- Actively recruit and retain players who attend Wayzata Public Schools
- Plan and conduct practices
- Manage strategy and playing time in each game
- Hold regular staff meetings to review progress in all areas of team development
- Ensure development and well-being of the student- athletes
- Maintain team discipline and administer logical and transparent disciplinary action.
- Operate the team in accordance with the policies, rules, and regulations of Wayzata Public Schools, MSHSL, and the Lake Conference.
- Hold team members accountable for conducting themselves with sportsmanship, respect, and integrity in accordance with the ideals and goals set forth in the Wayzata High School Extracurricular Behavior Regulations.
Preferred qualifications include but not limited to:
- Prior coaching experience at the college and/or high school level
- Completed or will complete MSHSL Continuing Education requirements for head coach
- Operate team in accordance with the rules and regulations of the Wayzata Public Schools, MSHSL, and Lake Conference
- Ability to pass all required background checks
- Excellent leadership, people and communication skills
- Knowledge of Wayzata High School and the program’s history and tradition
Compensation – WEA extracurricular stipend
Interested candidate should e-mail a cover letter, resume and a brief coaching outlook/development philosophy to Jaime Sherwood – WHS Director of Athletics and Activities at
Selection Procedure: Position is open only to WEA employees through 09/12/2019 If no internal candidates are selected, external candidates will be considered.
How to Apply
Apply online at:
4955 Peony Ln N