Date posted: May 25, 2022
Location: Virginia Military Institute, Letcher Avenue, Lexington, VA, USA
The Assistant Coach reports to the Head Coach and is prepared to assist in the administration, supervision and development of the sports program.
The Assistant Coach supports the decisions made by the head coach and executes the assigned duties with a positive attitude.
Other duties include but are not limited to:
- Recruiting student-athletes to be outstanding cadets and outstanding contributors to the sports program
- Knowledge of academic rules for eligibility
- Supervision of cadet-athletes’ progress towards a degree
- Physical and mental preparation of cadet-athletes
- Proper instruction of sound techniques and game strategies
- Knowledge and proper execution of safe practices associated with coaching the sport
- Knowledge and proper execution of VMI, conference and NCAA rules
- Motivate cadet-athletes to excel on the field, in the classroom, and in the Corps
- Work to improve coaching knowledge and the ability to teach skills related to the sport
- Work to understand the VMI system and be an advocate for the school
- Have an appreciation for VMI cadets, faculty, and administrators
- Additional duties as assigned by the Head Coach
- A Bachelor’s degree is required
- Must possess the ability to recruit in Virginia and the surrounding states;
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of and ability to comply with NCAA, conference, and Institute rules and regulations.
How to Apply
Candidates must apply on-line. Assistant Swimming & Diving Coach- Part-Time- Job Application
Please include resume, cover letter of application, official transcripts, and the names and contact information for three professional references.
In a continuing effort to enrich its academic environment and provide equal educational and employment opportunities, VMI encourages women, minorities, disabled individuals and veterans to apply. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni are also encouraged to apply. VMI will provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with documented disabilities to ensure equal access and equal opportunities with regard to employment, educational opportunities, programs and services.