Applications due 05/01/18
The Virginia Gators, a 2018 USA SWIMMING GOLD MEDAL CLUB is conducting a search for a Lead Senior Assistant Coach and Age Group Coach. The Virginia Gators is a multi-site team that operates out of pools in Roanoke, Charlottesville, and Harrisonburg Virginia. We currently have approximately 300+ swimmers ranging from age 3 to 18. The position we are seeking is for our Roanoke site. The ideal candidate of the Gators demonstrates leadership and desire to help develop high level athletes along with keeping education and fun in mind. They will be involved in all aspects of the Gators program, including (but not limited to) scheduling, training, performance, and safety.
1) Associate Degree or higher is preferred (exercise science, education, or related field preferred).
2) Minimum of 3 years’ successful experience as a Senior or Age Group Coach with a USA Swimming team is preferred.
3) Desire and passion for coaching all athletes of ability and age.
4) Expertise with current technique development and training methods.
5) Must be able to attend most/all scheduled swim practices and swim meets.
6) Enthusiastic and motivated team player.
7) Excellent written and oral communication skills.
8) Proficiency with Team Unify web services, meet entries, and communication.
9) Current CPR, First Aid, Coaches Safety, and Safe Sport certifications and membership in good standing with USA Swimming.
Preferred start date: May 1st, 2018 (the beginning of our long course season). The position will remain open until filled. Salary is negotiable based on experience and also offers an excellent incentive and benefits package.
For more information about our team and programs, please visit our website at www.virginiagators.com
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to Doug Fonder at [email protected]
phone: (540) 397-0505