UNLV Swimming is seeking applications for an Assistant Coach in a combined Men’s & Women’s program. UNLV Men compete in the Western Athletic Conference (WAC), the Women in the Mountain West Conference (MWC).
Rebel Swimming & Diving has a proud tradition of being a perennial Conference Championship contender and one of the top mid-major finishers at the NCAA Championships. The program enjoys passionate support from the University and the Alumni. In 2018 we were one of only a few mid-majors that were represented with swimmers at both women’s and men’s NCAA Championships.
The position is Letter of Appointment with Benefits, and is the third Assistant on the staff. As such, the specific duties will vary, depending on the needs of the staff. Salary is commensurate with experience, and will include University health benefits.
This position is best suited to someone who:
- Is currently an active coach, with a desire to pursue a career in collegiate coaching.
- Brings honesty, high standards, intelligence, creativity, and fair treatment of student-athletes to their coaching philosophy.
- Is willing, enthusiastic, and organized when it comes to recruiting, and has fluency on mediums used to connect with recruits (texting, WhatsApp, social media, etc.)
- As a member of a large staff, can take direction, but also take initiative.
- Is passionate about both personal and program improvement, and can give examples of how they are leaving their current program better than it was when they arrived.
Preferences: Bachelor’s Degree (a Master’s Degree is a plus). Division I coaching and/or swimming experience. Recruiting experience. Knowledge of NCAA rules.
Requirements: Passing a Criminal Background Investigation. The candidate should also be an up-to-date registered coach with USA Swimming.
How to Apply
Email résumé, a letter of interest in this job, and references to Head Coach Ben Loorz – [email protected]
Please put “Applicant Your Name” in the subject line.
The position is open until filled, but applications will be reviewed beginning Monday, April 9th.
4505 S Maryland Pkwy, Box 450018
Las Vegas, NV 89154-0018