Date posted: October 4, 2022
Location: 5700 Trinity Prep Lane, Winter Park, FL, USA
The Aquatics Director leads the programming, operations, maintenance, and administration of the Trinity Prep Aquatics and its facility. Supervises the hiring, training, testing, and manages the certification of staff of the facility. Develops and implements various aquatic programs. Ensures that all appropriate water health and safety standards are maintained. Maintain the strong fiscal health of the program which serves students from the entire Central Florida region. Trinity Prep Aquatics staff emphasizes attention to detail, race strategy, and conditioning, all while providing a fun and safe environment.
The Trinity Prep Aquatics Director will exemplify Trinity Prep’s four Core Competencies that apply to all employees of the organization:
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness
- Ensures Accountability
- Communicates Effectively
- Cultivates Innovation
The Trinity Prep Aquatics Director will demonstrate the following Coaching Leadership Competencies that apply to all members of the Athletic Department:
- Build Effective Teams
- Decision Quality
- Directs Work
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet weekly with the Assistant Director of Athletics to achieve short- and long- term goals.
- Train, hire, and supervise related personnel to ensure safety in the pool area and lake.
- Demonstrate effective communication and judgment skills to ensure safety and accident prevention.
- Maintain proper pool chemical levels, water quality, and overall pool cleanliness daily.
- Develop and execute dynamic aquatics programming and staffing for Trinity Prep Aquatics.
- Manage all relations and rental agreements with pool renters; Implement and manage all pool scheduling.
- Ensure that all coaches and swimmers are registered with the proper affiliations.
- Track revenue, expenses, and swimmer’s accounts.
- Manage swim certification of TPS students.
- Perform job-related duties as assigned.
- Lead the overall vision and direction of the Trinity Prep Aquatics.
- Supervise all related personnel which includes coaches at these levels: senior, junior, gold, silver, and blue as well as coordinate their schedules.
- Serve as Meet Director for all home meets. This includes finding timers/volunteers, hiring officials, creating meet files, and setting up Daktronics equipment for scoring.
- Educate staff and provide professional development including lifeguard skills training and other continuing education opportunities.
- Implement and oversee emergency action procedures as outlined by Trinity Preparatory School, pool chemistry, substitutions, and opening/closing procedures.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution or the international equivalent with a focus in a related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of coaching experience at the secondary, club or collegiate level.
- Articulates an authentic commitment to diversity and holds others accountable for the same.
- Promotes an inclusive environment that values, encourages, and supports differences.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local regulations, policies, and guidelines for the operation of public swimming pools.
- Supervise the daily operations of the pool and aquatic facility as well as the emergency procedures.
- Skills in program planning, development, revenue generation and producing positive net income to achieve budget commitments.
- Knowledge of budget preparation, cost estimating, monitoring, and fiscal management.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations Required:
- CPR/AED/First Aid Certification
- Lifeguard Certification
- USA Swimming Certification
- Certified as an Aquatic Facility Operator (AFO) or Certified Pool Operation (CPO).
- Must pass a Jessica Lunsford Level II background check
How to Apply
Interested candidates should complete an application through the below link:
Employee Nondiscrimination Policy:
Trinity Preparatory School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
5700 Trinity Prep Lane
Winter Park, FL 32792