Applications due 08/15/19
Location: McLean, VA, USA
The FISH Swim Team, located in McLean, VA, is seeking a full-time swim coach to work with all levels of the program – and to be the primary coach for the 9-12 developmental group. This group is one of the foundations of our program; and is a great opportunity to coach some up and coming young kids with a lot of enthusiasm for the sport.
Located just outside of Washington DC, we are in a great swimming environment and a wonderful area to start or further a career in swim coaching. We are a team of 350+ swimmers with levels ranging from novice 8 & Unders to Olympic Trial qualifiers. We have a close-knit coaching staff that is hardworking, ambitious, and proud of our accomplishments together. Over the past few seasons, we have achieved Silver Medal Club status, our women won the LC Eastern Sectionals in March, we placed second overall at the ISCA Elite Showcase Classic, and we’ve had numerous AAA and AAAA times, as well as National Top 10 rankings. We are looking for someone who is just as passionate about the sport as we are, someone who is dynamic and willing to learn, and has a proven record of developing and inspiring swimmers to succeed.
Job Tasks Include:
- Lead coach for the 9-12-year-old Age Group FISH program.
- Plan and conduct swim practices in accordance with the Head Coach and other coaching staff.
- Assist with other training groups as needed.
- Attending scheduled USA swim meets (about 1-2 weekends per month), as well as assist with FISH-hosted meets, eventually as Meet Director.
- Recruitment of new swimmers, including conducting summer stroke clinics at several pools in the area.
- Administrative tasks such as meet entries, newsletters, and updating The FISH website, etc.
- Coaching Membership in good standing with USA swimming.
- Minimum 2+ years coaching experience, preferably at the Club level.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Knowledge of TeamUnify.
- Knowledge of Hy-Tek Meet Manager and Team Manager preferred.
- Ability to motivate and inspire swimmers of all ages and create a positive learning environment.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
- Strong organizational skills.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Full time benefits include 50% payment toward health and dental plan, 401 K, paid vacation and sick leave, and payment for USA certifications, background checks, etc. We also offer many opportunities for coach growth and development, including ASCA and ISCA clinics, traveling to high level meets, and training trips.
How to Apply
Please send cover letter, resume, and three references to Managing Team Director Monika Paris at [email protected].