Applications due 09/30/17
Boston based Commonwealth Swimming is hiring a Full Time Assistant Coach to work with our team of 75 swimmers aged 7-18. We are a small team with a close-knit staff and lofty goals. This year the team qualified 10% for Futures, 20% for Sectionals, and 50% for our LSC Championships, and we hope to build on that success as we head into our third year.
Position: Full Time Assistant Coach
- Bachelor’s Degree or equitable experience.
- USA Swimming background check and coaching certification in good standing.
- Availability for Early AM, Evenings and Weekends.
- Ability to assist at all sites (All are MBTA accessible, car is easier).
- CPR/Safety Training certifications up to date.
- Experience with Learn-To-Swim programing.
- Must be energetic and engaging.
- Must be a self-starter who also takes direction from Head Coach.
Ideal candidate has:
- Prior USA Swimming coaching experience with athletes of all ages.
- Interest in working with all levels.
- Willingness to learn, grow, experiment.
- Personal competitive experience.
- Strong verbal and written skills.
- Understanding of Hy-Tek and Team Unify software.
- Assist in designing and administering designated practices.
- Attend meets as directed, including travel meets about 6 times a year.
- Coordinating training methodologies, drills and practice group goals with Head Coach. A primary focus on technique, skill development and long term athlete development is a must.
- General administrative duties.
- Recruitment, retention and athletic development plans for new athletes.
- Swim America Learn-To-Swim program coordination, recruitment and growth. This includes LTS staff management.
- Parent education and communication on all aspects of long term athletic development; roles and responsibilities of parents, swimmers and coaches; individual athletic plans.
- Maintain good membership standing with USA Swimming and New England Swimming.
Commensurate with experience, benefit package included.
How to Apply
Email Head Coach Chris Sheppard at [email protected]