Applications due 09/30/23
Date posted: August 31, 2023
Location: 200 Redwood Shores Parkway, Redwood City, CA, USA
We are seeking dynamic and hard-working individual with a passion for aquatics to motivate, encourage, inspire, and change the lives of our members. We are a high-growth company looking for fitness professionals with an expertise in aquatics instruction and swim coaching. Our mission is to make a difference in our communities by making people happier and healthier.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Deliver an exceptional experience to members, guests and Associates
- Provides instruction; provide specific and corrective feedback to each client at each session, as applicable
- Design and deliver effective and rewarding sessions and workouts, as applicable
- Maintain accurate, current records on all clients’ progress; follow progression guidelines, as applicable
- Enforce all pool rules and aquatics center and club policies
- Maintain a consistent work schedule; arrive punctually for sessions/shifts
- Provide excellent communication with the parents of swimmers as well as all members and staff
- Actively participate in events, programs meetings and training
- Help keep pool deck clean, safe and organized
- Follow all safety procedures and precautions
- Represent the club in a professional manner through image, dress, communication, and immediate follow through and response
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assist with special club projects, events and promotions
- Schedule varies and may require weekend and holiday hours, days and evenings
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- Current Red Cross Lifeguarding, CPR, AED & First Aid certifications or Swim Coach Safety Training
- Experience in Competitive Swimming as a participant or a coach
- Understand the current best practices in learn-to-swim skills, competitive swim techniques and childhood development
- Sales and Marketing — Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, and sales techniques
- Knowledge of water hazards, lifesaving techniques and first aid, recognize hazardous situations, and adopt effective courses of action
- Requires proficient swimming ability and the proper application of rescue and first-aid techniques
- Strong interpersonal skills
WORKING CONDITIONS/ PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is typically performed outdoors in varying and occasionally extreme (hot) weather conditions.
- Ability to arrive at work on time for all scheduled work shifts required. Ability to work weekends, evenings, and holidays required.
- Must be flexible, adaptable, and readily able to adjust to changes in work environment.
- Position requires daily public contact.
- Must be able to work in a hot environment
- Must occasionally sit for extended periods and regularly walk around the facility
- Mobility around and in the pool.
JOB DESCRIPTION REVISION
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change. This job description replaces all previous descriptions for this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
The Bay Club Company (“TBCC”) provides equal employment opportunities without regard to race (and all traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), color, religion, creed (including, but not limited to, religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, and breastfeeding, and other related medical conditions), sexual orientation and identity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, actual or perceived national origin/ancestry, accent or ability to speak English, age, disability, marital/familial status, source of income, veteran status, citizenship status, political activities or affiliations, medical condition, genetic information, persons with AIDS or AIDS-related condition, or persons who are victims of domestic violence.
How to Apply
Please send resume/cover letter to Laszlo Perlaky, Director of Aquatics at [email protected]