Applications due 07/31/21
Date posted: June 14, 2021
Location: 5050 Ridgedale Parkway, Richmond, VA, USA
SwimRVA is looking for a dynamic Head Age Group Coach to lead our growing age group and developmental program. The SwimRVA Rapids are a fast-growing competitive program with over 450 swimmers in Richmond, Virginia. The Head Age Group coach will oversee three levels of the program consisting of over 200 swimmers and 4-8 full and part time assistant coaches. The right coach is one of high energy, great leadership acumen and adaptability as we add a developmental site to the age group program next year.
SwimRVA understands that our coaches are at the forefront of our business. We invest in developing each associate to their full potential and career goals with professional development opportunities and continued learning. We are looking for energetic coaches who want an opportunity to expand their knowledge and engage with a rapidly expanding team.
The mission of SwimRVA is to elevate swimming in the Richmond region making water safety and aquatic fitness more accessible to all.
Richmond, Virginia is also one of the coolest places to live! Right here in the Richmond region, a creative culture has popped up through the cobblestones. Here, murals cover the walls of local restaurants and shops. We have charming neighborhoods like the Fan District, which was named one of The South’s Best Neighborhoods by Southern Living. Major art museums draw national attention. Artisans share their talents in shops and markets. Food is an art here, too. In fact, National Geographic put us on their list of the world’s – yep, the world’s- “top 10 places to travel for food.” Running through it all: the James River. You can whitewater raft through downtown on its class III and class IV rapids. Bike the Virginia Capital Trail alongside the James. Or, just hang out on the river rocks with your dog. We’re a place of stories, with 300+ historic markers to prove it. A place of architectural eye candy. A place of where you can drive from one great experience to another, and it’s within a day of most of the east coast.
Come and grow with us at SwimRVA and enjoy the playground we call RICHMOND!
- 3+ years as a head coach or assistant coach
- Current USA Swimming Coach Certification
- ASCA Level 3 or higher
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Supervisor or management experience preferred
Ideal Candidates would also have:
- Desire to continue growth and education in the sport
- Ability to work with all age groups
- Ability to train and develop assistant coaches
- Capacity to work within the LSC in leadership roles
- Report to the Head Coach.
- Lead coach for one of three levels of the age group program. Oversee two.
- Lead and manage an age group/developmental staff of 4-8 full and part time coaches
- Create practice schedules, meet schedules, explain issues and concerns.
- Ensure the direction of age group program is consistent with the goals of the team and mission of SwimRVA
- Participate in travel/swim meets as required
- Foster strong communication with parents, coaches, athletes and administrators
- Plan and implement team-building and social functions
Competitive salary based on qualifications and experience.
Please submit your resume with a cover letter, references and other documentation via email to Executive Director, Adam Kennedy: [email protected].
How to Apply
Please submit your resume with a cover letter, references and other documentation via email to Executive Director, Adam Kennedy: [email protected]. Want to talk about the position? Call Adam at 804-334-7669
5050 Ridgedale Parkway
Richmond, VA 23234