Location: Estherville, IA, USA
This part time position will assist the Head Swimming Coach and Housing Department with day to day operations working 27.5 hours a week. Successful candidate will enroll in a Master’s Degree Program at their own expense.
% of Time Essential Duties/Responsibilities:
|1. Assist the head swimming coach in the day to day operations of the swimming program.
2. Assist in the recruitment of student athletes.
3. Assist in the academic monitoring and success of student athletes.
4. Housing Assistant – Live on campus.
5. Responsible for dorm supervision and housing office hours.
6. Assist with intramural program.
7. Assist with student activities.
8. Run team study tables as directed.
9. Other duties as assigned.
|1. Evaluate athlete’s strengths and deficiencies as possible recruits or to improve the athlete’s techniques to be competitive.
2. Assist in the evaluation and selection of team members; ensuring a full roster of student athletes.
3. Assist in the maintenance of program budget.
|1. Assist in the monitoring of compliance with NJCAA rules and regulations.
2. Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and abilities:
- Represent the College in a positive manner to employees, prospective, former and current students, and the community.
- Assume responsibility; deal effectively with problems and exercise independent judgment when making decisions.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with students, colleagues, staff, administrators and the general public.
- Possess skills in: reading, writing; listening and comprehending.
- Possess the ability to access, input and retrieve information from the computer.
- Possess the ability to work as a team member with other employees.
- Possess the ability to read and understand written and oral instructions or communication.
- Possess the ability to effectively relate to a diverse group of students.
- Exhibit professionalism during competitive or stressful situations.
- Possess the ability to maintain a flexible schedule for home and away meets.
- Possess the ability to run practices effectively and independently when necessary.
Coaching position involves wide range of motion requirements to demonstrate and teach different techniques to student athletes. Constant (67-100%) reaching, standing, walking, lifting, grasping, talking, hearing, repetitive motions and viewing various types of close visual work. Frequent (34-66%) stooping, crouching, pushing, pulling and carrying. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and 10 pounds of force frequently. Must complete Bloodborne Pathogens Training. Will require flexible hours including weekends and evenings. The additional physical demands normally expected of a coach are required. Must have valid driver’s license, good driving record and provide proof of insurance. Required to travel utilizing personal vehicle.
Employment with Iowa Lakes Community College is dependent upon successful passage of a criminal background check.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the essential functions, job duties/responsibilities, and performance expectations of the job, which should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
The following items must be included in your application packet before it will be considered a complete application:
- Employment Application form
- Applicant Confidential Information form (This data is used to comply with government required affirmative action record keeping only and is not used for applicant screening purposes.)
- A letter addressing your qualifications for the position
- A resume
- A copy of transcripts, with originals due upon hiring. Only complete application packets will be considered for the position vacancy.
- Position open until filled; review of applications will begin immediately. Download application at www.iowalakes.edu/jobs. Contact Amanda Schniebs at [email protected] or 712-362-0409 with questions. Iowa Lakes Community College, Human Resources Office, 19 South 7th Street, Estherville, IA 51334.
19 S 7th Street, Estherville, IA 51334