Applications due 07/16/19
Location: Charlotte, NC, USA
SwimMAC Carolina is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that offers swimming programs for people of all ages and experience levels. Established as the Mecklenburg Aquatic Club in 1977, SwimMAC has achieved Level 4 status in the USA Swimming Club Recognition program, #1 in the country in USA Swimming Scholastic All-Americans, ranked #2 in this past short course season USA Swimming Virtual Club championships, and is currently a Gold Medal Swim Club. Our mission is to empower young people to excel in life by developing the qualities of empathy, leadership and commitment. SwimMAC is home to 700+ competitive age group swimmers, that practice out of multiple locations in and around the greater Charlotte metropolitan area.
Our professional staff has years of experience and accumulated many recognitions regionally and nationally. There are opportunities of learning and growing as well as leading events/projects.
We have a full time position at our Huntersville location, Huntersville Family Fitness & Aquatics, . We are seeking experienced and motivated senior group focus coach that will assist teaching in other areas of our program.
Essential Job Tasks:
- Abide by the American Swimming Coaches Association Code of Ethics, the USA Swimming Code of Conduct, and SwimMAC policies and procedures.
- Plan, prepare, and conduct team practices and season plans in accordance with our curriculum and be supportive of the overall philosophy and direction of SwimMAC.**Change to- Prepare season plans and conduct team practices in accordance with our curriculum and that supports the overall philosophy and direction of SwimMAC.
- Prepare and submit swimmers’ meet entries on Team Unify and attend assigned swim meets.Substitute for other coaches as needed.
- Recommend group practice assignments.
- Assist other coaches/instructors as needed within SwimMAC and communicate regularly with counterpart group coaches.
- Be comfortable with and show willingness to use video and other technology to assist in teaching and helping swimmers learn skills.
- Is willing and motivated to work/be involved on multiple fronts within the organization- leading or assisting with clinics, camps, tryout process, Coach-In-Charge of home/away meet process, monthly recognition of athletes, coaches’ education opportunities, volunteer for North Carolina Swimming/USA Swimming opportunities, etc.
- Be comfortable with communicating and educating parents on the long-term pathway of swimming and SwimMAC philosophies.
Salary with benefits commensurate with experience.
Preferred qualifications include:
Coaching membership in good standing with USA swimming.
Experience with Team Unify and Microsoft applications.
Current ASCA Membership (level 2 or higher is preferred).
A college degree (preferred, but not required).
How to Apply
Interested persons should direct their questions, letters of interest, resumes/references, via email, to Coaches Kathy Mckee, Russ Kasl and Terry Fritch at [email protected], [email protected]a.organd [email protected].
To see more about the team, check out the website at www.swimmaccarolina.org