SwimMAC Carolina is a competitive swimming program located in Charlotte, North Carolina. SwimMAC has achieved Level 4 status in the USA Swimming Club Recognition program and is a USA Swimming Gold Medal Swim Club. SwimMAC is home to 800+ competitive age group swimmers, current USA Swimming National Team Members, and Olympic Medalists. The teams train out of multiple locations in and around the Charlotte metropolitan area including Huntersville, Davidson, and Concord, North Carolina. SwimMAC is led by Director of Coaching and 2016 Women’s Olympic Head Coach, David Marsh.
We are looking to hire a coach who would lead our Senior 1 training group and assist with another training group as assigned at our north site of the program in the Huntersville area.
Essential Job Tasks:
- Abide by the American Swimming Coaches Association Code of Ethics, the USA Swimming Code of Conduct, and SwimMAC policies and procedures.
- Plan, prepare, and conduct team practices in accordance with our curriculum and be supportive of the overall philosophy and direction of SwimMAC.
- Prepare and submit swimmers’ meet entries and attend assigned swim meets. Substitute for other coaches as needed.
- Recommend group practice assignments.
- Assist other coaches/instructors as needed within SwimMAC and regularly communicate with counterpart group coaches.
- Be comfortable with and show willingness to use video and other technology to assist in teaching and helping swimmers learn skills.
- Must be strong in administration skills, communication, deadlines and project completion.
- Motivated to work/be involved on multiple fronts within the organization- leading or assisting with clinics, camps, tryout process, Coach-In-Charge of home/away meets and events, monthly recognition of athletes, coaches’ education opportunities, volunteer for North Carolina Swimming/USA Swimming opportunities, etc. Coaches need to enjoy the grind.
$32,500-37,500.00 +/- with benefits commensurate with experience. Education and experience in strength and conditioning development at grade school and high school ages is a plus.
Preferred qualifications include:
Coaching membership in good standing with USA swimming.
Experience with Team Unify and Microsoft applications.
Current ASCA Membership (level 3 or higher is preferred, but not required).
A college degree (preferred, but not required).
Interested persons should direct their questions, letters of interest, resumes/references, via email, to Coach Terry Fritch at [email protected].
To see more about the team, check out the website at www.swimmaccarolina.org.
We are ideally looking to have this candidate start by September 1, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested persons should direct their questions, letters of interest, resumes/references, via email, to Coach Terry Fritch at [email protected]