Date posted: June 27, 2022
Location: Greensboro, NC, USA
Immediate Opening: Swim GSA of Greensboro, NC, a 501(c) 3 non-profit, is accepting applications for Head Age Group Coach. Since 1946, Swim GSA has been one of the top teams in North Carolina LSC and is a team with high passion and expectations. The team has about 85 to 100 swimmers, ranging from beginners to Junior National qualifiers. The team trains at the Greensboro Aquatic Center.
The Head Age Group Coach will grow and develop the base of our program developing swimmers into successful athletes once they reach the senior level. In coordination with the Head Coach, the Head Age Group Coach will take Swim GSA to new levels of success. The Head Age Group Coach will work Mondays through Fridays, with occasional weekend responsibilities in accordance with selected team competitions.
Swim GSA is one of the longest running competitive swim organizations in the area with a long-standing tradition that seeks to develop excellence in life through swim. We have a hardworking staff that is proud of our success and always looking to improve. We are looking for coaches who are willing to help us continue to grow our team, develop our younger swimmers, and are truly passionate about the sport.
- Designing season plans in coordination with the Head Coach
- Assisting the Head Coach with team admin
- Writing practices for our Copper, Bronze, Silver, and Gold groups, and leading the practice groups when available
- Assisting with the top groups as needed
- Availability to work USA Swim Meets on weekends
- Working with the Head Coach to recruit new swimmers and schedule tryouts
- Assisting with Camp lessons and Swim Club in the summer as needed
- Supporting the mission and vision of Swim GSA, and assist in Swim GSA events throughout the year
- Coaching membership in good standing with USA Swimming
- ASCA Level 2 or similar coaching experience
- Knowledge of TeamUnify and Microsoft Office
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Willingness to maintain working knowledge of current swimming techniques and training methods
- Ability to create a positive, inclusive environment where all swimmers are inspired to improve and succeed
- Willingness to obtain up-to-date USA Swimming, Lifeguarding, and CPO certifications within 60 days of being hired
- Always seeking to improve and grow in their role as an assistant coach.