Applications due 06/30/18
Location: 1420 Pine Street, Marquette, MI, USA
Provide key leadership to the YMCA of Marquette County Killer Whales Swim Team and assist in the attainment of the goals and objectives of the YMCA of Marquette County. Project a positive image of the Swim Team and all programs of the YMCA through excellence in program administration, parent and community partnerships. Effectively develop and utilize resources to achieve efficiencies within program’s span of control. Infuse all program activities and staff with YMCA core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility in accordance with the overall mission statement of the YMCA. The YMCA of Marquette County Swim Team is a year-round competitive swim program with about 100 Marquette-area athletes who train and compete September-March each year and about 40 athletes who train and compete May-August each year. The program includes a developmental group for ages 9 & Under (Future Stars) as well as Bronze, Silver, Gold and National groups. We use the YMCA, local high school and University pools for practices.
Required KSA’s: Must have a minimum of a high school diploma or GED; college degree preferred. Be proficient at basic computer skills. Hold current certifications in CPR, First Aid, Lifeguarding or Safety Training for Swim Coaches and Principles of YMCA Competitive Swimming and Diving. Two years of coaching experience required; previous head coaching experience preferred.
Preferred KSAs: Experience with a non-profit organization.
Desirable KSAs: YMCA experience.
- Plan, organize, and conduct practice sessions to include dry land and water practice.
- Provide training direction, encouragement, and motivation in order to prepare swimmers for competitive events.
- Recruit, interview, hire, schedule, train and supervise assistant coaches and volunteers.
- Assist with the development and management of annual budget for the swim program.
- Experience setting up, posting and running meets using Hy-Tek Meet Manager software.
- Knowledge of IST or similar electronic timing system operations, including troubleshooting and preventive maintenance of electronic components.
- Experience using TeamUnify software to manage athlete data, meet registration, team entries, team communication and to organize volunteers for home swim meets, fund raising efforts, concessions operations and other team functions.
- Proven experience organizing volunteers and event workers for at least two large swim invitational’s per year.
- The ability to oversee and effectively manage assistant coaches who work at multiple pool sites with different age athletes and training groups.
- Develop an annual budget and monitor on a monthly basis
- Negotiate pool rental contracts with the local high school and university
- Work with Swim Team Parent Group to set up and manage all home meets.
- Coordinate swimmer information for meet entries.
- Run computer software for scoreboard, timing system, meet entries and team statistics.
- Communicate schedules and upcoming events with swimmers and parents through website and e-mail.
- Promote an atmosphere of team cohesiveness by working closely with social committee.
- All other duties assigned by supervisor.
Hold current certifications in CPR, First Aid, Lifeguarding or Safety Training for Swim Coaches and Principles of YMCA Competitive Swimming and Diving.
Salary$28,000.00 – $30,000.00
Resumes Accepted Until 6/30/2018
How to Apply
Apply Onlinehttp://www.ymcamqt.org Opens a new window
Apply by Email[email protected]
Apply by Mail to:Michele Butler, 1420 Pine St, Marquette MI, 49855-0441
1420 Pine St, Marquette MI, 49855-0441