Date posted: December 1, 2021
Location: 9120 Burkwood Club Drive, Mechanicsville, VA, USA
“Learn-to-Swim” Swim Instructor (ENTRY LEVEL – We train you!)
We are looking to hire swim instructors to help children and adults of all ages develop proper swimming techniques and skills. The swim instructor’s responsibilities include evaluating each student’s performance during swim sessions and providing feedback, completing progress and accident reports, and ensuring that all swimming aids and equipment are returned at the end of lessons. Limited experience but love working with kids? That’s ok, we will train you!
Traits of a successful swim instructor:
- Extremely attentive and engaging when working with small groups of children; experience working with children ages 3-13.
- Experience babysitting, coaching, or lifeguarding.
- A team player – able to work with other instructors and independently to ensure children achieve their goals.
- Able to balance patience, enthusiasm and energy to teach children ages 3-13 for 40-minute lessons.
- Clear communicator of water safety rules and explain swimming skills and techniques in way that is fun AND instructional.
Swim Instructor Responsibilities:
- Able to commit to 2-4 lessons/day, 2-4 days/week, Monday–Thursday.
- Teaching swimming techniques, swimming strokes, and water safety rules to students with varying swimming abilities.
- Assess and record the progress of students daily.
- Monitor students to prevent accidents and injuries.
- Implement ground rules for each swim session.
- Teach swimming lessons that are fun and engaging that help children progress to the next swimming level.
- Ensure that the swimming equipment is returned after use are kept clean and tidy.
Swim Instructor Requirements:
- General knowledge of water safety and swimming skills
- Excellent conflict resolution skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Passionate and enthusiastic.
How to Apply
Email Burkwood Aquatics Team at [email protected]
9120 Burkwood Club Drive, Mechanicsville, VA 23116