Applications due 10/31/19
Location: 1 East Chestnut Street, West Chester, PA, USA
Shifts/Availability: Varying shifts (days, nights, and weekends)
- Maintains active surveillance of the pool area.
- Knows, understands and consistently applies safety rules, policies and guidelines for the pool and aquatic areas.
- Acts professionally and responsibly when communicating with members, co-workers and the public.
- Consistently enforces all pool rules at all times with courtesy and fairness.
- Assists with maintaining a clean facility by following the down duties and other responsibilities while on rotation away from actively lifeguarding.
- Knows and reviews all emergency procedures and responds to emergency situations immediately in accordance with YMCA policies, procedures; completes related reports as required.
- At least 18 years of age or older
- Ellis Lifeguard Certification (Ellis Lifeguard Training course is available through the YMCA)
- Up to 4 hour of additional training required every month
Swim Instructor Responsibilities:
- Lead swim instruction to develop skills of all participants
- Assist in ensuring the safety and well-being of all participants
- Follow YMCA of Greater Brandywine Aquatic Class best practices:
- Be a positive YMCA role model with an enthusiastic attitude
- Classes will start and end on time
- Greet participants and learn their names
- Identify your participants’ limitations and adapt your classes and/or provide modifications accordingly
- Communicate positively and accurately with all the parents/guardians of participants
Swim Instructor Qualifications:
- Must be 15 years of age or older
- Swimming experience required, prior experience in competitive swimming and/or teaching swim lessons preferred
- Obtain and maintain YMCA YSL certification within 6 months of hire
- Demonstrated the ability to relate and positively interact with children and adults
- Be able to demonstrate the five main components of swimming – freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke, sidestroke and butterfly