Applications due 05/21/21
Date posted: May 14, 2021
Location: Hinkley High School, Chambers Road, Aurora, CO, USA
The main focus of a swim coach is to coach swimming skills in accordance with the Swimming Simply curriculum in a fun, positive manner.
Provide continuous, positive corrective feedback to students and customers on their swimming efforts.
- Ability to create new approaches to serve the different needs of program participants.
Structure class time appropriately to incorporate repetition, reinforcement, and introduction of skills.
Ensure swimmer safety at all times.
Maintain proper equipment and time organization to ensure timely class start times.
Provide Supervisor with class information to keep proper class organization.
Provide families with individualized feedback on their swimmers in a format that will be shared during training.
Maintain proper dress code standards as outlined in the employee handbook.
- At least 18 years of age
- Demonstrated experience as a competitive swimmer
- Knowledge of swimming and ability to teach at all age groups and various levels
- At least 1, preferably 2-3, seasons of verifiable experience teaching children to swim or coaching a swim team.
- Current CPR & First Aid certification
- Current Lifeguard certification strongly preferred but not required
- Special consideration given for those with a current Water Safety Instructor (WSI) certification
- Demonstrated ability to recognize and remedy hazardous and dangerous situations
- Patience and the ability to communicate with all ages and levels of students, parents and caregivers, and other Swimming Simply staff
- Reliable, self-motivated and friendly
- Must have a passion for the water and working with children
Must be able to lift, push and pull up to 50 pounds in weight
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
How to Apply
Email resume and quick note to [email protected]
2876 Geneva St