Date posted: December 6, 2022
Location: Reading, MA, USA
Swim Coach – Burbank YMCA
Under the supervision of the Aquatics Director, this position is responsible for the supervision and management of all facets of the competitive swimming program at the YMCA of Greater Boston.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES/PRINCIPAL ACTIVITIES:
- Develop, implement, and oversee competitive swimming program.
- Hire, train, supervise, and evaluate all paid and volunteer coaches and/or administrators as programs dictate and budget guidelines allow.
- Ensure that all staff have appropriate and updated certifications on file.
- Monitor program registrations and participant records.
- Ensure quality and technical consistency throughout programming and across coaches.
- Complete YMCA and USA swimming team registrations as required yearly.
- Write and implement workouts for each practice.
- Maintain up to date records.
- Organize year round meet calendar. Write and submit all line ups for all meets. Attend, manage, and run all meets as needed.
- Participate in weekly branch leadership meetings.
- Engage with core aquatics programming to ensure a bridge between pre-competitive and competitive swimming.
- At least 21 years of age.
- At least 5 years competitive swimming coaching experience.
- Experience supervising and developing coaches, schedules and member relations.
- Must be aware of YMCA and US Competitive Swimming movement and trends in the aquatic field and must continue to enhance his/her knowledge of the YMCA and US Competitive swimming movement.
- Physically and verbally able to interact with members and staff.
- Be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
WHY WORK AT THE Y?
The YMCA of Greater Boston is an incredible place to have a fulfilling career or enjoy part-time employment — all while we are supporting and strengthening our communities, because our community is our cause. When you join us in your career here, you can look forward to:
- Developing your leadership skills in a caring, challenging & diverse working environment.
- Exploring a wide range of opportunities as you learn new skills and functions.
- Shaping the future of young children while making a difference each day for our communities and each other.
- Engaging in YMCA career training programs and working alongside those who have the same passion.
- A healthy work/life balance.
COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS INCLUDE:
- Quarterly Professional Development.
- FREE YMCA Membership for you.
- Discount on Specialty Programs like Personal Training and Swimming Lessons.
- Discounted or FREE family membership.
- Robust Retirement Plan up to 8%.
- Health, Dental, and Vision Benefit Package.
- Vacation and Sick Time (for both Full and PT staff!)
How to Apply
Email Resume to Alessandro Eramo at [email protected]