Applications due 08/30/18
Location: 201 E Hawkins Pkwy, Longview, TX 75605, USA
Longview Metro/ Champion Aquatic Team
Versatile Team – Seeking Head Coach
Head Coaching Position (Club)
Serve as Head Coach of Longview Metro Champion Aquatic Team. CAT is an established team with great pedigree.There have been several D1 and DII swimmers come through the program. Earlier in 2018 the founder of the club team passed away, Clark Wilson. Since his passing one of the team’s alumni that recently graduated from college has coached the team. She has taken a position as a GA in Tennessee so we are looking for a new coach. Primary responsibilities include coaching multiple practice groups, oversee the overall operation of practices and swim meets and work with the board for overall operations of the club. Also, keep in contact with our alliance with METRO aquatics in the Dallas area.
Aquatic Facility Management Responsibilities
We practice at Longview ISD Aquatic Center in Longview, TX. The facility is owned by local HS and we have contract for use of the facility. The team has access to the pool six days a week for before school and after school workouts, as well as Saturday morning workout.
• Experience as Head Swim Coach or Head Age Group Coach is suggested but not required
• Current USA Swimming membership and coaching certifications (training and safety)
• Strong communication skills with excellent interpersonal skills to allow effective communication with coaches, swimmers, parents, and school officials.
• Capable of working independently and as part of a team. Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Commitment to provide and ability to supervise high quality customer service. Plans, organizes and schedules in an efficient, productive manner; anticipates contingencies and demonstrates flexibility.
• Maintain First Aid, CPR, AED, Water Safety Instructor, and/or Lifeguard certifications.
• Competitive swimming experience, collegiate level a plus
• Experience with Team Unify and Hy-Tek meet manager
• Working knowledge of Microsoft office or equivalent
Salary will commensurate with experience. Please send resume, cover letter, and 3 references to Josh Sims at [email protected] Application deadline is August 30th. We would like to fill this position by September. 1st.
How to Apply
Send your resume to