Applications due 02/28/19
Location: Creeks Edge Parkway, Austin, TX, USA
The BCW Barracudas have openings for their coaching staff for the summer season of 2019, including a Head Coach. The season kicks off April 22 with practices Monday – Friday after school (4:15-7:45pm) and the first meet on May 3rd. The season switches to Morning practices on June 3. Meets are Friday nights or Saturday mornings with the last meet on June 24.
We have a supportive volunteer organization that handles fun events, meet operations, and other aspects of running the team.
The Head Coach is responsible for the overall execution of the in the water portion of the Barton Creek West Barracudas Swim Team program. The Head Coach is responsible for the following duties:
- Create a positive atmosphere in which swimmers are challenged to improve their skills while ensuring a fun experience for all participants.
- Supervise / Mentor assistant coach and junior coaches.
- Coordinate and delegate coaching coverage such that there is adequate coverage across all swimmer age groups and abilities.
- Ensure the proper number of coaches and aides in each lane according to swimmers’ capabilities.
- Prepare swimmers for swim meets, including explaining DQs from previous meets.
- Attend all meets, including intrasquad, regular meets and All Star Invitational.
- Attend all social events.
- Communicate regularly with the Board (provide weekly status updates to the Board & Board President).
- Communicate regularly with parents.
- Work with the webmaster and meet admin to review entries and create relay teams.
- Attend April, May, June board meetings as necessary.
How to Apply
More information and a link to apply can be found at https://bcwbarracudas.swimtopia.com/coaches
Any questions to [email protected]
phone: (512) 402-5773