Location: Sterling, IL, USA
The Stingray Swim Team Director/Head Coach is responsible for providing leadership and supervision of the District’s Stingray Swim Club, aquatic programs and any other assigned programs, activities and areas.
The Stingray Team Director/Head Coach is responsible for performing the essential functions as outlined in this job description. Stingray Team Director/Head Coach is a full-time/exempt employee who may work in excess of fifty (50) hours per week. Work pace varies depending on the task required. The position requires the ability to work in the hard level (100 lbs. or less).
Salary range is between $40,000 to $70,000, commensurate with experience and qualifications.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS-STINGRAY TEAM DIRECTOR/HEAD COACH
- Responsible for the day-to-day direction, hands on guidance and involvement in all aspect of the Stingray Swim Club, including working with swimmers, parents and coaching staff.
- Responsible for effectively coaching one or more age group levels as well as setting strong, positive, enthusiastic and highly energetic tone for all age groups.
- Oversees and manages the process of meet selection, meet entries, scheduling and coordinating of home and away meets.
- Responsible for the recruiting, supervising, evaluating and managing the performance and professional development of all Assistant Coaches.
- Develops and implements the latest and most effective training plans for stroke technique, training, dryland progressions and taper strategies for a wide range of swimmer ages and abilities.
- Provides active involvement in the recruitment, development and the progression of swimmers in all age groups that will both maintain and grow team membership.
- Works with all swimmers and parents in determining appropriate goals; and, fosters in swimmers, important attitudes and skills such as discipline, goal setting, time management and healthy habits that will benefit them throughout life.
- Regularly communicates with swimmers and families through a variety of channels and methods, including but not limited to regular swimmer and parent meetings, newsletters, emails, SPD/SSSC websites, etc.
- Responsible in securing team and meet sponsors as well as the coordination of all team fundraisers.
- Develops and promotes aquatic programs and activities including but not limited to social and competitive programs/activities for youth and adults, private and group lessons, clinics, camps, and special events.
- Assists in the development and implementation of pricing and other strategies to recruit new and retain current aquatic participants.
- Recruits, recommends, selects, trains, supervises, schedules and evaluates part-time personnel under the direction of the Duis Recreation Center Manager. Conducts an on-going evaluation of the District’s aquatic related staffing needs and makes adjustments to ensure programs operate efficiently and create an environment for success.
- Monitors trends in aquatic programs to ensure the District is offering the best/latest in facilities, equipment, programs, and activities.
- Evaluates, recommends, and prepares specifications and purchases of aquatic related equipment and supplies.
- Establishes and maintains cooperative planning and working relationships with other local community agencies and service organizations.
- Evaluates assigned areas on a regular basis. Prepares and issues reports as needed and as requested.
- Coordinates staff, pool schedules, swim meets and other events with the Duis Recreation Center Manager.
- Publicizes aquatic related and other assigned programs/areas/activities to the community through a wide variety of formats with the assistance of the Duis Center Manager and the District’s Marketing Manager.
- Assist in the preparation of the budget; recommend expenditures for assigned areas in accordance with said budget.
How to Apply
- Apply on-line at www.sterlingparks.org
211 E St. Mary's Street
Sterling IL 61081