Applications due 01/31/18
Location: Lawrence, KS, USA
Sport Development Director—Job Description:
General description of duties:
The sports development director will be responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive program to improve the competitive results of all age groups in the LSC and LSC representation at championship meets beyond the LSC. The sports development director will be responsible for the development and implementation of a program to promote and grow swim programs across the LSC.
This program development should be designed to advance and improve the level of performance for a broad base of athletes. Activities may include:
- establishing training camps and athlete events
- reviewing regular season and championship meet schedule and structure
- conducting LSC-wide continuing education opportunities for coaches and athletes
- participating in LSC committees related to athlete performance
- analyzing athlete performance data
The sports development director will be responsible for consulting with and advising Missouri Valley club boards and head coaches in establishing effective working relationships to ensure roles are fully understood to enable Missouri Valley athletes to thrive in a strong club system. The sports development director will also
- consult with and advise clubs and head coaches on ways to improve team programs, including coaching and swimmer performance
- assist the Missouri Valley Executive Director and the Missouri Valley Diversity Chair, Age Group Chair and Senior Chair in recruiting and promoting participation in diversity and select camps and other approved USA Swimming diversity and select programs or meets
The sports development director may be required to represent Missouri Valley at community and national events connected to or in support of athlete performance.
Reporting structure and duties:
The sports development director will report directly to the Board of Directors and be responsible for providing regular updates/reports to the BOD regarding activities and work performed by the sports development director. The sports development director may be required to attend semi-annual Missouri Valley coaches and athlete committee meetings to provide program updates.
Travel to meetings with clubs or to Missouri Valley meetings may be required. Mileage and reasonable travel expenses will be reimbursed in accordance with Missouri Valley Swimming policies and IRS rules.
Minimum Qualifications include the following experiences and skills:
- Strong understanding of USA Swimming programs and meets.
- Prior experience as a swim coach or director of a swim program.
- Developed skills in mentoring, leadership, strategic planning, influencing with impact, collaboration, project and program development and implementation skills.
- Strong ability to communicate both in writing and verbally, present concepts and ideas in front of a group and have an interposal communication style to influence, and develop mutually beneficial relationships and outcomes.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit their resume accompanied by a cover letter (can be in the form of an email) to:
Missouri Valley Swimming
PO Box 307
Lawrence, KS 66044
PO Box 307
Lawrence, KS 66044
phone: (785) 979-1826