Applications due 07/08/22
Date posted: June 22, 2022
Location: Aiken, SC, USA
Aiken-Augusta Swim League is seeking qualified candidates for a full-time Site Director and Lead Assistant Coach. This coach will take primary responsibility for all ASL operations at our University of South Carolina – Aiken location, as well as lead the Junior and Age Group (JR/AG) squad coaches for both sites. ASL is looking for an enthusiastic and experienced coach who enjoys helping young athletes find their love for swimming, fostering a TEAM environment and building a stronger swimming community.
- Full-time, salaried position; Compensation is commensurate with experience and Board approval
- At least 4 years of swim coaching experience is required
- Expected start date – August 8, 2022; Position will remain open until filled
- Reports to the Program Director/Head Coach
- Estimated time spent on team activities will be:
- 20-24 hours per week performing direct coaching or supervising/mentoring other J/A/D squad assistant coaches
- 8-12 hours per week performing administrative duties including, but not limited to: season planning, writing practices for the JR/AG squads, communicating training plans and practice changes to all coaches under their supervision, completing new swimmer evaluations, creating and safely administering dryland workouts, assisting with planning and sanctioning of meets, completing TeamUnify meet entries, meet billing, and performance reports, providing parent/swimmer communications about team activities, and completing goal meetings for Junior squad athletes
- The Aiken Site Director/Lead Assistant Coach will take supervisory responsibility for all assistant coaches in the JR/AG squads and be the primary point of contact for athletes and parents in these groups. They must be a team player and able to communicate effectively.
- The Aiken Site Director/Lead Assistant Coach will attend all competitions for the JR/AG squads
- Candidates must be committed to writing practices and creating training plans that harmonize with the Program Director/Head Coach training philosophy in order to prepare swimmers to transition smoothly to the Senior squad when they are of appropriate age/ability
- Candidates must know and enforce all team, LSC and USA Swimming policies and Codes of Conduct, including MAAPP and SafeSport
- Candidates must have experience with or be willing to learn HyTek software and hardware to facilitate meet administration
- Candidates must have or be able to obtain all USA swimming certifications and coaching requirements including CPR, Coaches’ Safety, Background checks, etc.
- Candidates with experience administering a “Learn to Swim” program strongly preferred and additional salary support is available for successfully developing and administering such a program
- Additional salary support is available for candidates willing to take on some Team Administrator duties (registration management, monthly/meet billing, basic accounting in coordination with the team Treasurer).
How to Apply
HOW TO APPLY: Please email resume and introductory letter with references to:
Program Director / Head Coach
Aiken-Augusta Swim League