Applications due 08/08/21
Date posted: July 16, 2021
Location: Friendswood High School, Greenbriar Drive, Friendswood, TX, USA
Sharks – Houston, Tx. Full-time lead and assistant coach for:
Sharks Swim Club, located in Friendswood, Tx. (SE Houston) is looking for an experienced, enthusiastic and organized age coach to help our team & swimmers achieve their ultimate potential in skill development and competition preparation while promoting a creative, positive and healthy team environment. The scope of this position is for groups is primarily, 9-16 yrs., but could vary depending on the qualifications/experience of the coach hired. With continued growth & added new facilities this could lead into site coordinator or leading 2 groups. This position could be part-time assistant with less admin. responsibilities as well for 10-18 hrs. a week.
Essential Job Tasks include:
- Current USA Swimming coaching credentials and abide by USA Swimming code of conduct.
- Site or Lead coach for 2 Age groups – approx. hrs.: Mon.-Fri. 4:30-8:00 pm, Saturdays 3 hrs.
- Administrative tasks-such as Meet entries, newsletter, and group/team communications.
- Aide in recruitment of new swimmers thru various means, including stroke clinics.
Coaching Qualifications & Expectations include:
*Preferred two or more years of competitive coaching experience with a USA Swimming member club. A college degree (preferred -but not required)
- Applicant should have experience that illustrates excellent communication & motivation skills with children, taking into consideration varied social, emotional & physical attributes.
- Enthusiastic with a desire for continuing coaching education & sharing.
- Can work well independently and in team environment.
- Passion for working with swimmers of all ages and abilities – developmental to senior level.
- The applicant must understand the importance of teamwork and will be committed to helping the program advance. Only candidates with a strong work ethic and passion for the sport should apply.
Compensation is competitive within the Gulf LSC and based on experience and administration skill set the person brings to the team. We also provide opportunities for coach growth and development, including clinics, traveling to higher level meets, and training trips. Coaches receive reimbursement for appropriate meet expenses, professional certifications, coaching memberships & retirement.
We practice primarily at Friendswood High School -13 lane indoor facility along with other nearby outdoor facilities including 50-meter water. This an opportunity to work with highly qualified coaching staff – Head coach -ASCA Level 5, Head NCAA coach Division I & international level experience; along with 3 other very experienced staff who have had head coaching and international experience. The club is coach run/directed with a supportive parent group and board of 5 of primarily non-team members.
The objective is to have the position filled by middle of August and start coaching August 23 or Sept. 7.
TO APPLY: Please send cover letter your resume and minimum 3 references too: Subject: Age coach position or Part-time position: Tim Hill [email protected]
How to Apply
TO APPLY: Please send cover letter your resume and minimum 3 references too: Subject: Lead Age group coach position: Tim Hill [email protected]
3335 Green Fields Drive