Applications due 01/30/18
Location: Santa Barbara, CA, USA
The Santa Barbara Swim Club (SBSC) is searching for an enthusiastic Head Coach who will define, influence and lead the overall direction of the club program. We are a non-profit, board-governed, coach-led swim team in Santa Barbara, California operating out of the Los Banos and UCSB pool facilities. The Head Coach will be responsible for all aspects of operating a year-round competitive swim and Master’s program.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Lead the development and implementation of overall team philosophy on coaching, swimmer development, and team dynamics
- Establish workout groups, schedules, and criteria for advancement through collaboration with coaching staff
- On deck coaching and supervision of senior elite swimmers
- Develop and oversee training programs for all age groups and Masters
- Supervise and mentor coaching staff
- Plan seasonal and yearly competition schedule for all groups
- Establish and maintain regular and timely communications with swimmers, parents, coach and board members
- Host periodic parent meetings to educate and inform parents
- Provide monthly written reports to BOD and attend board meetings.
- Collaborate with Santa Barbara City College, UCSB, other local recreational aquatic directors and local high school swim coaches for facility use, contract compliance, and asset sharing.
- Represent the team at swim meets, external meetings, and other required meetings or assign a delegate
The ideal candidate has:
- At least 5 years of experience as an age group coach of a competitive swim team.
- Current USA Swimming Coach Certification, including first aid and life-saving certification
- American Swimming Coaches Association (ASCA) Coaching Certification Level 2 or higher preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills to interface with all levels of employees, club members, athletes, parents, Board of Directors and outside personnel.
- Team management skills, able to provide clear verbal/written direction to employees/swimmers/parents. Highly organized.
- Up-to-date understanding of latest coaching techniques through research and continuing education.
- Track record of swimmer retention, recruitment and development at all levels.
- Experienced with Team Unify and Hy-Tek
- Bachelor’s Degree and prior collegiate swimmer strongly preferred
- Must pass a background check with USA Swimming and complete the USA Swimming head coach requirements
- Pass a Motor Vehicle Report check
- Provide a minimum of 3 references
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software (preferred)
How to Apply
Please visit sbswim.net to learn more about our club. Please email resume and three references to at [email protected].
Paul Castelberg - SBSC Board President