Applications due 01/30/18
The Santa Barbara Swim Club (SBSC) is searching for an enthusiastic Head Coach who will define, influence and lead the overall direction of the club program. We are a non-profit, board-governed, coach-led swim team in Santa Barbara, California operating out of the Los Banos and UCSB pool facilities. The Head Coach will be responsible for all aspects of operating a year-round competitive swim and Master’s program.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Lead the development and implementation of overall team philosophy on coaching, swimmer development, and team dynamics
- Establish workout groups, schedules, and criteria for advancement through collaboration with coaching staff
- On deck coaching and supervision of senior elite swimmers
- Develop and oversee training programs for all age groups and Masters
- Supervise and mentor coaching staff
- Plan seasonal and yearly competition schedule for all groups
- Establish and maintain regular and timely communications with swimmers, parents, coach and board members
- Host periodic parent meetings to educate and inform parents
- Provide monthly written reports to BOD and attend board meetings.
- Collaborate with Santa Barbara City College, UCSB, other local recreational aquatic directors and local high school swim coaches for facility use, contract compliance, and asset sharing.
- Represent the team at swim meets, external meetings, and other required meetings or assign a delegate
The ideal candidate has:
- At least 5 years of experience as an age group coach of a competitive swim team.
- Current USA Swimming Coach Certification, including first aid and life-saving certification
- American Swimming Coaches Association (ASCA) Coaching Certification Level 2 or higher preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills to interface with all levels of employees, club members, athletes, parents, Board of Directors and outside personnel.
- Team management skills, able to provide clear verbal/written direction to employees/swimmers/parents. Highly organized.
- Up-to-date understanding of latest coaching techniques through research and continuing education.
- Track record of swimmer retention, recruitment and development at all levels.
- Experienced with Team Unify and Hy-Tek
- Bachelor’s Degree and prior collegiate swimmer strongly preferred
- Must pass a background check with USA Swimming and complete the USA Swimming head coach requirements
- Pass a Motor Vehicle Report check
- Provide a minimum of 3 references
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software (preferred)
How to Apply
Please visit sbswim.net to learn more about our club. Please email resume and three references to at [email protected].
Paul Castelberg - SBSC Board President