Date posted: April 13, 2021
Location: San Antonio, TX, USA
San Antonio WAVE is looking for part-time Assistant Coaches.
San Antonio WAVE currently operates out of multiple locations around San Antonio, Texas. Some of the locations are: St. Mary’s University Campus, Antonian College Prep High School, Smithson Valley High School.
We are seeking dynamic and team-oriented candidates to help develop positive relationships with swimmers and parents while promoting all aspects of our competitive program.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, create and lead daily practices within program structure
- Implement season plan
- Select swim meet events according to season plan / progression
- Promote all WAVE activities, including but not limited to: swim meets and social events.
- Create an inviting environment to ensure learning and development of the swimmer
- Maintain positive relationships with swimmers and parents
- Willingness to utilize Team Unify database / software
- To become knowledgeable about WAVE programming structure and procedures
- Respond to or (appropriately direct) member questions in a timely manner
- Willingness to travel to any of the WAVE locations (as needs arise)
- Additional duties as assigned by supervisors
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to stand and walk on a pool deck for prolonged periods of time
- USA Swimming Coaching Credential work (we can guide you through this process if not familiar)
- Coaching experience (Summer League or High School)
- Competitive swim experience
- Swim Lesson teaching experience
- Starting ranges $10 – 15 per hour (depending on experience)*
- Typical schedule = 4p – 8pm week days (depending on location and need)
- Additional compensation / schedule opportunities for weekends and swim meets
- Mileage to out of town swim meets (and meal reimbursements)
How to Apply
Interested candidates (or inquiries) please contact:
Scott Gainey = [email protected]