Date posted: July 7, 2021
Location: Bowling Green, KY, USA
RACE Aquatics is seeking a qualified applicants for a full-time salaried Head Coach for USA Swimming Club Team and High School programs. RACE is a USA Swim Club founded in 2007 and is part of Kentucky Swimming LSC. RACE is a 501c3 non-profit organization overseen by an elected Board of Directors.
RACE Aquatics currently has more than 100 swimmers throughout the year and offers 5 different training levels. RACE operates a year-round program out of a 8 lane 25 yard pool and has access to a 50 meter facility for summer long course season. RACE Aquatics has swimmers compete at all levels (local, state, sectional, and national). The ideal candidate would be able to start on or before September 1, 2021.
Bowling Green, Kentucky is located approximately an hour north of Nashville, Tennessee and less than two hours south of Louisville, Kentucky.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Serve as primary on-deck coach of senior level training groups and high school programs.
- Develop seasonal training plans for individuals and groups.
- Hire (with board approval), manage and support assistant coaching staff including
-Manage staffing as approved through budget
-Coordinate stroke and training principles throughout all levels
-Oversee group placement and group advancement of athletes
-Serve as on-deck coach of lower-level training groups as needed
-Work cooperatively with the Board of Directors as an Ex-officio member to
◦Develop and Administer the team budget
◦Create and execute a shared vision for RACE growth and success
◦Communicate professionally and regular with coaches, athletes, and parents
- Manage Swim Lesson program
- Prefer 5 yrs. + experience as a Head Coach
- ASCA Certified, Level 3 preferred
- Experience leading and mentoring assistant coaching staff
- All certifications current and in good standing with USA Swimming
- Strong coaching acumen, including solid knowledge of stoke technique and training physiology
- Experience in writing and implementing weight training and dryland programs
- Proven success coaching, motivating and inspiring swimmers at all levels
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Clear, cooperative and tactful communication style
- Strong personal values including honesty, respect and integrity
- Passion and enthusiasm for competitive swimming and youth mentoring
- Personal desire to succeed professionally and advance the team as a whole
- Experience with HyTek and Team Unify
- Legal authority to work in the United States and able to pass background checks.
- RACE offers a competitive compensation package.
- RACE Aquatics is an equal opportunity employer.
- Salary range is $35,000-$50,000 depending on experience.
- Race Aquatics agrees to contribute to retirement in the form of Simple IRA to match up to 3% of the gross salary.
How to Apply
To apply: Please email cover letter, resume and three professional references to Liz Fogle at [email protected]
303 Lovers Lane
PO BOX 51614
Bowling Green, KY 42102