Applications due 10/31/17
Beach Cities Swimming is seeking qualified applicants for the following position: AGE GROUP COACH The ideal candidate needs to be energetic, knowledgeable, and able to communicate, with parents, fellow coaches and swimmers of all ages. Candidates must be able to work as part of a coaching team and with one or more groups in the age-group and/or senior programs. Must be versatile and do whatever the team needs.
BCS was founded in 2012 and has excelled from entry level swimmer to elite! We have experienced almost 300% growth increase over the last 4 years to reach over 450 swimmers. Beach Cities Swimming is a board run not for profit organization. The Head Coach is in charge of all hiring and wet issues. We swim outdoors at 3 different sites in sunny southern California.
- Previous coaching experience required (ASCA level 2 or higher preferred).
- 3 + years of USA coaching experience preferred.
- Ability to work, train, and instruct multiple practice groups either from 4pm to 7:30 or 5:30 to 8:30pm M-F. Mornings are determined by group placement and as needed. We have weekend programming as well in addition to meets being on the weekends.
- Strong stroke technique background & teaching base.
- Strong customer service and decision making skills
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Must take direction from the Head Coach & Head Age Group Coach but have the ability to work independently.
- Knowledge of Team Unify, team administration skills are key.
- Must be energetic, give feedback daily to every swimmer, and be a self-starter.
- Experience with daily workout and season planning.
- All current USA Certifications.
- Planning and Writing daily workouts for your group(s)
- Attending meets as scheduled, at least 1 per month.
- Attend staff meetings and other events as assigned by the Head Coach.
- Keep accurate records for groups including attendance and communicating with the group.
Opportunity: This position offers a fantastic opportunity for advancement with one of the fastest growing, and rapidly improving clubs in southern California. There is always an opportunity for advancement for the right candidate. We offer a very competitive compensation package
Need to fill the positions quickly
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter, Resume and Reference to: Monique Shelton at [email protected]