Applications due 02/15/19
Location: 2721 Brambleton Avenue Southwest, Roanoke, VA, USA
**************THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED***************
The International Swim Coaches Association (ISCA) and our network partner, Stars of China (supported and supervised by the Chinese Olympic Committee) are looking for an experienced performance coach to lead an elite Chinese junior training group, based at the Ningbo Sports City Complex in the city of Ningbo, China (with additional training site travel to Beijing, Guangdong, and other sister sites). The coach will be tasked with developing the annual, in-water training program for 30-50 junior national swimmers.
The coach will be responsible for reporting to both ISCA and Stars of China on the development of their training program on a weekly basis, and specifically responsible to ISCA as a liaison and intermediary to help advance science-based coaching education in China.
- Develop and execute an annual training program for an elite selection team of Chinese national swimmers (aged 11-16).
- Monitor progress of swimmers, including tracking of times and analytics for peak performance.
- Lead goal-setting sessions, with focus on teaching both coach accountability and individual accountability for performance.
- Liaise with local Chinese clubs and Chinese Federation to develop a competitive club competition environment, and a stronger club swimming platform in China.
- Communicate effectively with ISCA, Chinese Federation, local staff, parents, and other stakeholders on season planning and performance meets.
- Additional responsibilities as needed.
- Proven experience as a high-performance swim coach (specializing in Upper-Level Age Group development or Senior development swimming).
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills,
- Attention to detail and outstanding organizational skills.
- University Degree in related field.
- International work experience highly preferred.
- Advance Degree in Exercise Science, Business, Physiology, or a coach-related field a plus.
- Fluency or working knowledge of Mandarin a plus.
Earnings and Salary:
- Salary is negotiable, commensurate with experience.
- Housing and limited board will be provided to coach, located in walking distance of training facility. One round-trip airfare to China will be provided.
How to Apply
To Apply: Please send a CV or resume to [email protected] If chosen, a candidate must commit to a full 1-year contract in China.
*If extended an offer, candidates are responsible for also meeting US and Chinese immigration requirements. The candidate is also responsible for filing their Chinese visa application and documents in a timely manner.