Applications due 07/31/17
High Tides Swim Club:Assistant Coach
Hutchinson Swim Club is seeking candidates for the position of Assistant Coach. The ideal candidate will be passionate about the sport of swimming and have experience as a competitive swimmer as well as some swim lesson instruction and/or coaching experience. He/She should be an energetic, compassionate teacher and motivator capable of developing age group swimmers into senior level competitors.
High Tides Swim Club (High Tides) located in Hutchinson MN, is a 41 year old non-profit organization promoting excellence in competitive swimming for Novice through National level athletes. Our program receives strong support from member families, the community, the city and local businesses. A fundamental working relationship with the Tigersharks High School Swim Teams fosters the success of both programs allowing our mutual athletes to thrive and has resulted in multiple State Championships. Carlson Pool, our home facility located in the Hutchinson Middle School, is a modern, eight lane short course pool with diving well and one of the largest deck surfaces in the LSC. The club has recently partnered with Team Unify as our website provider and we are committed to providing the facilities and equipment needed to ensure the success of our coaches and swimmers. Hutchinson is a Minnesota Star City with a population over 14,000 and is situated 45 minutes east of Minnetonka on State Highway 7.
– Assist Head Coach with design and implementation of customized training programs.
– Work with swimmers to perfect stroke techniques.
– Manage the on-deck coaching of assigned swim groups.
– Supervise swimmers at all scheduled practices and meets.
– Develop goals and track progress of supervised swimmers.
– Recommend movement of swimmers between group levels to Head Coach.
– Encourage participation in ALL home and selected away swim meets.
– Establish a positive environment that fosters athletes’ love for the sport of swimming.
– Engage and motivate swimmers to reach their maximum potential.
– Resolve conflicts in a professional, tactful manner.
– Cultivate collaborative relationships with Head Coach, parents, and HSC Board.
– Provide feedback to swimmers and families at the end of each season.
– Support the mission and philosophies of Hutchinson Swim Club.
– Conduct oneself in a professional manner in the pool and in the community.
– Coach at away meets as scheduled by Head Coach.
– Participate in club Swim-A-Thon, fundraisers, time trials and related activities.
– Contribute to Head Coach’s Report presented at monthly board meetings.
– Assist with awards presentations at annual banquet and summer picnic.
– Assist with entries for home and away swim meets.
– Track attendance of supervised swimmers with team laptop or I-Pod.
– Submit timely and accurate time-cards for hours worked.
Qualifications & Competencies:
High School Diploma – Required
BS/BA (or some college) – Desired
One year of previous Coaching – Preferred
Swim Lesson Instruction Experience – Preferred
Competitive Swimming Background – Preferred
First Aid Certification – (Required to be on deck)
Safety Training For Swim Coaches – Required
USA Swimming – Athlete Protection Training – Required (Can take after hiring)
ASCA Level 1 (preferred, but not Mandatory)
* Hutchinson Swim Club encourages continuing education for its coaches and will financially assist with certification expenses for coaches who make a commitment to our program.
* Successful completion of a Level 2 background investigation is required.
Assistant Coach opportunities with Hutchinson Swim Club are part-time positions. The hourly wage depending on experience and certifications held. Compensation for sessions coached at away meets and expense reimbursement is also offered.
* Fall/Winter/Spring practice hours are generally from 4:30-8:00pm
*Summer Practice hours are early morning and early afternoon, ending by 11:45am.
How to Apply
For Consideration please email: