Applications due 12/01/21
Date posted: October 8, 2021
Location: Portland, ME, USA
PPSC is a competitive, USA Swim Club located in Portland, ME. We are currently seeking a part-time Assistant Coach to aid the Head Coach in the development of swimmers, through mastery of swimming skills, knowledge of the sport, and goal setting. The Assistant Coach should have a competitive swimming background, a love of the sport and strong desire to share their passion and knowledge with young swimmers.
- Coach practice groups assigned by the Head Coach with care and excitement.
- Provide corrective feedback that will enhance swimmers’ techniques.
- Maintain safety and structure within a group setting, adhering to PPSC policies and City of Portland pool rules.
- Encourage and promote swimmer participation in a positive manner.
- Be at pool 10-15 minutes before practice to greet swimmers
- Communicate effectively with Head Coach about pertinent information regarding swimmer’s and swim team’s well-being.
- Attend any and all team meetings/events as deemed necessary by the Head Coach.
- Conduct self in a professional, friendly, helpful, courteous manner. Ask for help when uncertain and seek feedback to improve.
- Any additional tasks and/or duties as assigned by the Head Coach of Portland Porpoises.
- Reports to the Head Coach.
- Consistently available 12-15 hrs./wk.: M-F evenings, Sa mornings, min. of 1 meet/month.
- Working knowledge and ability to teach basics of swim team practice, stroke technique, pace clock use/basics of interval training and race strategy.
- Working knowledge of USA Swimming rules.
- Possesses strong communication skills.
- Experience with swimming computer software preferred, ex. TeamUnify and OnDeck.
- Primary responsibility – lead and assist other coaches with evening practice groups.
- Occasionally provide early morning coverage when specific club members and the head coach are traveling for meets.
- Administrative tasks related to meet entries, practice planning, and communication with parents of age group swimmers.
Preferred certifications: Current USA Swim registration preferred, but able to train and certify upon hire.
Compensation: Salary based on qualifications. Please call to discuss.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should inquire and submit resumes to PPSC’s Head Coach, Matt Baxter, at [email protected], or contact at 207-232-9457.