Applications due 08/19/19
Location: 4105 Mermaid Blvd, Wilmington, DE, USA
Delaware Swim Team (DST) is seeking an experienced coach to work primarily with our 8&U and 9-14 age groups.
DST is focused on motivating, teaching, training and young athletes to achieve their potential in competitive swimming in the belief that this experience will provide “life skills” that will prove to be invaluable assets throughout their swimming career and adult life. We are looking for an individual who works well with others, is passionate about swimming and has strong communication and people skills. This individual will be dedicated to laying foundations necessary for athletes to be successful throughout their entire career.
- Conduct workouts 5-6 days per week.
- Assist Head Age Group Coach with administrative tasks relating to the team including swim meet arrangements and team performance as well as communications with parents.
- Work closely with the DST staff and other coaches on issues that concern the club as a whole.
- Participate in weekend swim meets as required.
- Safety Certifications: Current CPR Certification, First Aid (or Lifeguard) Certification, and Safety Training for swim coaches (available at www.usaswimming.org).
- USA Swimming requirements: Athlete protection training, Background Check through the USA Swimming background check provider, and Foundations of Coaching.
- If not already CPR Certified/ Registered USA swim coach, candidate can complete certifications upon hiring
Education and Experience:
- Competitive Swimming Background Preferred
- Previous coaching experience
- Based on experience and qualifications.
How to Apply
How to Apply:
Send your resume and cover letter via email to: [email protected]