Applications due 08/15/17
Qualifications and Requirements:
- USA Swimming coach certification. CPR, Coaches Safety, Athlete Protection, and Background Check.
- 3-5 years’ experience coaching competitive swimming.
- Proficient in Hy-Tek swimming software and Team Unify platform.
- Review, coordinate and supervise workouts and practices for all training groups. Personally coaching Senior Prep, Senior and/or Senior Blue training groups.
- Determine short- and long-course meet schedules with Board approval. Complete meet entry forms, travel with swimmers to meets or ensure the availability of other coaches at meets.
- Coordinate the staffing assignments of coaches ensuring all practice sessions and meets are adequately staffed in a manner consistent with budgetary constraints.
- Coordinate with the Manager of Aquatic Facilities at Penn State to ensure pool availability.
- Act as a liaison between NLAC and Middle Atlantic Swimming, attending pertinent Middle Atlantic meetings.
- Maintain NLAC’s Team Unify website, including disbursement of meet information and updating swimmers’ times.
- Maintain membership registration.
- In conjunction with Treasurer, bill and maintain record of payment.
- Attend NLAC Board meetings and report on the status of the team, staff, goals and objectives as well as hold an annual meeting with parents.
- Maintain a presence in the community to actively promote NLAC and recruit new membership.
- Work with Board and parents to generate fund raising events.
Compensation: Salary is commensurate with qualifications. NLAC provides full reimbursement for approved swim meet expenses as well as an educational fund. A contract will be offered.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter detailing coaching philosophy, a resume and a minimum of three references to NLAC Board Secretary, Chris Finton at [email protected] The application deadline is August 15, 2017, although review of completed applications will begin upon receipt.
Chris Finton - NLAC Board Secretary
1265 N. Foxpointe Drive
State College, PA 16803