Location: Western Springs, IL, USA
Title: Assistant Swim Coach
Status: Part Time
Compensation: DOQ $15+ hourly
Summary: Lyons Aquatics, located in Western Spring and La Grange, Illinois is seeking two (2) part time assistant coaches to join our staff. The positions are available immediately and will be open until filled. Lyons Aquatics trains out of Lyons Township North and South High Schools and currently has a membership of over 400 swimmers ages 6-18.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Examples of duties are outlined below and are not intended to be inclusive:
- Coach and inspire age group swimmers in a safe and effective manner.
- Work with swimmers of all ages and abilities to teach strong technical skills.
- Execute quality practices as directed by the lead coach.
- Attend meets per the team schedule as assigned by the head coach.
- Ability to maintain a positive and effective working environment.
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends.
- Previous Coaching Experience
- Thorough knowledge of competitive swimming and stroke mechanics.
- Enthusiastic, Team-Oriented, Positive role model and effective communicator.
- Currently hold or be willing to obtain USA-S Non Athlete Registration, USA-S Criminal Background Check, USA-S Athlete Protection Certification, ARC Safety Training for Swim Coaches including CPR/AED for Adult/Child
- Must possess a high school diploma or general education degree (GED).
*ARC Water Safety Instructor, ARC Lifeguard, and/or LGI-T and WSI-T is desired but not required.
Lyons Aquatics reimburses for all required certification costs as well as approved professional development costs.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit a resume to Head Coach Joey Waldorf at [email protected] Resumes will be accepted until the position has been filled.