Metro Aquatics in Tacoma, Washington is seeking an enthusiastic Lead Development Swim
Coach to oversee our no-experience swim teams, advanced swim lessons, and swim team
bridge programs. Metro Aquatics is a parks-owned, coach-run, inner-city USA-Swimming Club
Recognition Level 3, and at the forefront of inclusion in aquatics. This is an excellent next-step
for a swim-lesson manager or development swim coach who wants to be part of an exciting
team working outside the traditional swim-lesson structure. The successful candidate will be
encouraged to identify and eliminate barriers keeping local youth from participating in
Specific Job Duties Include:
1. Coordinate 90-150 swimmers and 8-16 coaches across 7 facilities
2. Collaborate with the head coaches to create an enjoyable long-term development plan
for young swimmers to properly progress.
3. Respectfully and effectively communicate with all ethnicities and socioeconomic
4. Directly teach/coach swimmers during program times.
5. Attend regular staff meetings.
6. Work with the Head Age Group Coach to progress swimmers effectively through
7. Assist the club with any other needs
Compensation is $20,000-$28,000, plus some benefits, based on experience. (Unrelated local
opportunities to make $6,000-$12,000 coaching high school are common.)
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send resume/cv to Head Coach Dane Wolfrom at [email protected] or 253-381-8389.
3524 E L Street