Applications due 07/30/22
Date posted: July 15, 2022
Location: 11202 Harris Road, Huntersville, NC, USA
EVOLUTION AQUATICS, a year-round swim team in Huntersville North Carolina, is seeking qualified lead/assistant coaches for immediate hire. Ideal candidates will be passionate about the sport of swimming and focused on athlete development. The candidate will join our coaching staff to assist with or lead practice groups primarily with 10 and under athletes but must be able to work with all ages is a support role. These positions will require working evening hours on weekdays and some morning and afternoon hours on weekends, including extended hours on meet weekends. Additionally, there will be additional duties to include coaching our in-house summer league team, working in our summer camp, after school programs, and working in our swimming lessons program training and overseeing instructors, as well as leading and training our lifeguard staff. Applicants need to see themselves as a “Swiss Army Knife” type of coach!
- Previous coaching experience or competitive swimming experience
- Management experience a huge plus
- An excellent TEACHER!
- USA Swimming Coach Certification or willingness to complete full coaching credentials if not currently certified
- Maintain background checks and requirements necessary to be a USA Swim Coach member
- Thorough knowledge of competitive swim strokes and mechanics
- Technical knowledge required to coach novice through elite level athletes
- Enthusiastic, energetic, positive role model
- Team oriented, great communicator
- Availability to work evenings and weekends
- American Red Cross WSI Trainer desired (if not currently certified be willing to get certified)
- CPO Desired (if not certified be willing to get certified)
- Must coach a minimum of 3-6 practices per week
- Ability to teach stroke technique to 12 and under athletes
- Attend meets, including weekend meets, as needed
- Work with head coaches and lead coaches; take direction as needed
- Actively provide feedback to athletes to increase improvement
- Attend team functions outside of the pool setting
- Complete administrative tasks as requested – attend staff meetings and complete hours spreadsheets, etc.
All positions pay will be commensurate with experience, and length of commitment!
How to Apply
Email resume, cover letter, 3 professional references to [email protected]
11202 Harris Road
Attn. Mark Minier