Applications due 08/08/22
Date posted: July 20, 2022
Location: Loveland, CO, USA
Location: Loveland, CO, USA
Loveland Swim Club, www.lovelandswimclub.com, is located in northern Colorado about an hour north of Denver.Colorado is a beautiful state with incredible opportunities for outdoor activity. Northern Colorado is one of that fastest growing regions in the U.S.
Loveland Swim Club is a growing program with around 180 year-round swimmers. Loveland Swim Club also operates a swim school that provides over 800 lessons monthly. Loveland Swim Club hosts 5-8 meets per year. The organization also operates a summer sports and academic day camp, www.lovelandsportscamp.com, which provides athletic opportunities, academic programming, and childcare for 200+ children each summer in the city of Loveland and surrounding areas. Loveland Swim Club trains at 3 different SCY pools and a LCM pool in the summer.
In 2021 Loveland Swim Club was one of the top Bronze Medal teams in the USA Swimming Club Excellence rankings. In 2022 we expect to exceed that. In 2021 Loveland Swim Club placed 25th in the combined team rankings at Winter Juniors West. In the last year we have doubled the number of LSC Age-Group Championship qualifiers and aim to compete at the top of the sport in the state of Colorado and in the US.
We are looking to hire a full-time Lead Age-Group Coach that would lead, design, and foster growth from the youngest novices while working within the Team Mission Statement/Vision/Values (see website www.lovelandswimclub.com). Our primary focus is on building team culture and growing while maintaining a high level of retention.
Essential Job Tasks include:
1) Abide by the USA Swimming Code of Conduct, and Loveland Swim Club policies and procedures.
2) Plan, prepare and conduct team practices in accordance with the Head Coach and Staff.
3) Establish a local presence and reputation with in the Northern Colorado Swimming region. There are opportunities for any coach on our staff to work with local middle school and high school teams in Loveland and nearby areas.
4) Plan and execute team-building and social functions.
5) Assist head coach with meet operations
6) Position may have the option to co-direct our summer camp for significant additional compensation.
Preferred qualifications include:
1) Coaching membership in good standing with USA swimming.
2) A college degree (preferred, but not required).
3) Candidates should have an experience that illustrates exceptional communication and motivation skills with children, taking into consideration varied social, emotional, and physical attributes, possess an attitude of inclusion and team building,
4) Must be prepared to develop talent, rather than manage great athletes. We are looking for someone with experience developing beginner and intermediate level swimmers.
5) Must want to increase the number of athletes that swim into their teen years and increase the number of athletes that qualify for championship opportunities.
6) Should have a record of producing well-rounded swimmers with sound biomechanics.
Nice to Have:
Experience with Hytek Meet Manager.
Experience with social media platform management.
Experience with Adobe suite, particularly Adobe Illustrator and/or Photoshop.
Salary range: $35,000-55,000+ depending on experience. Additional compensation will include bonuses and other benefits.
Full-Time Benefits: Cell phone stipend, Health care stipend, 4 weeks paid-vacation annually, potential compensation for directing summer camp $6,000+. Performance bonuses. Moving Expenses as needed. Continue education opportunities and support.
Start date: August 2022 or as soon as available.
How to Apply
Please email a resume and cover letter to Head Coach and Executive Director, Trent Richardson. [email protected]
We are looking to hire right away and will take applicants in the order they apply.
PO Box 2470
Loveland, CO 80539