Applications due 04/15/17
CSI SWIM JOB DESCRIPTION
TITLE: Lead Age-Group Coach & Aquatic Manager.
Full-time position. Coach is to plan and deliver large group, semi-private and private swim sessions which uphold CSI’s Mission. Primary USA coaching duties include head Age Group/Junior Team(11-14), while assisting with the Primary(7-10) and Senior group(14 and up). Other teams to coach and oversee include Pre-team, Summer rec and USA Mater’s team.
* Junior Team Head Coach
– Educates and supervises all swim coaches
– Sets practice schedule
– Sets practice groups
– Attends highest level of competition and sees that all swim meets are attended by a team coach.
– Determines meet schedule for team
– Oversees individual and team entries
– Supervises athletes at meets
– Sets attendance and discipline policies for swimmers
– Assists and substitute coaches when needed for Senior and Primary Groups
* Master’s, Pre-team, Non-competition and Summer Rec team
– Manages these teams an integration of hands on coaching of swimmers and management of coaching staff.
* Private and Semi-private lessons
– Teach lessons to all ages and abiites
– Funnel/refer additonal lessons to other CSI swim instrctors
– Maintains scheduled office hours
– Attends pertinent meetings (CSI Swim, LSC, etc.)
– Contributes to communication: web site, newsletters, meet information, publicity, team records
– Oversees pool operations, including: Contracted Pool company preventive maintaince and chemical deliveries; lifeguard schedule; adhere and train staff to daily general pool safety, opening and closing protocol.
Report directly to CSI Executive Director who will deliver the following reviews:
PERFORMANCE REVIEW: Quarterly by Executive Director
PERSONAL MISSION REVIEW: Semi-Annually by Executive Director
Must complete and be current with the following:
Foundation of Coaching 101; Foundations of Coaching 201; Rules and Regulations of Coaches: CPR/First Aid; Safety Training for Coaches; Background Check and Athlete Protection Training Requirement; American Swim Coaches’ Association Level 2 Stroke School; ASCA Level 3 Physiology School(Level 2 and 3 may be waived with 3 years experience working as an assistant in a USA Swimming member club); Rulebook REquirement for all coaches(Article 501.7: Membership Responsibility)
Four year College Graduate with with related degree preferred
Ability to project energy and motivate others
High School or College Athlete preferred
Must enjoy working with children on an individual and group basis
Professional image and rapport building skills
Possess good time management and organizational skills
Aggressive in pursuit of business and personal advancement
Motivated toward continued personal development
TYPICAL WORK WEEK:
Work week consist of 45-50 hrs a week – (See Sample Workweek below)
School Year: Sept–May: Mo thru Th: 10:00am-9:00pm. Sat: 7:00am-12:00pm. Fr & Su: OFF
Summer June-August: Mo-Th-9:00am-9:00pm Sat-9:00am-1:00pm. Fr & Su: OFF
Must be available to work until 9:00pm or until closing a minimum of 3 nights per week
Develop a complete understanding of CSI’s Facility management.
Available to work one full weekend shift and average of one time per month
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
The CSI Swim Head Age-Group Coach & Aquatic Manager is a salaried plus commision and bonus postion. Below lists the compensation and benefits package:
Salary: Based on previous experience and proven track record of success; paid bi-monthly
Swim Lesson Commision: The postion expects, but does not require, an average of 5 hours per week of private and/or semi-private lessons to be performed as part of their full-time postion. Once this minimum is met, the coach receives a percentage of the gross revenue collected.
How to Apply
Please send resume to [email protected]
Cleveland Sports Institute
1 Eagle Valley Court
Broadview Heights, OH 44147