Applications due 09/30/21
Date posted: July 6, 2021
Location: 500 Chestnut Avenue, Towson, MD, USA
Loyola Blakefield Aquatics (LBA), located in Towson, MD, is seeking a part-time swim coach to assist our age group swimmers (9-13). As a coach working with these swimmers, you would be working with different coaches on deck and with entries for these swimmers as you help them grow and become better swimmers. We are looking for a coach who brings experience, energy and is as passionate about the sport and about growing the whole swimmer as we are.
We are a team of 120+ swimmers with levels ranging from 8 & Under swimmers to Junior National qualifiers. We have a close knit coaching staff that is hard working, ambitious and proud of our accomplishments together. Over the past few seasons, we have achieved Bronze Medal Club Status, sent swimmers to Junior Nationals, and outperformed teams more than twice our size within the LSC.
Job Duties Include:
- Assist with coaching our Age Group swimmers
- Plan and conduct swim practices with the other age group coaches
- Assist coaches with meet entry planning and decision making
- Interact with parents related to the swimmers goals and training
- Attend USA Swim meets with the team (1-2 weekends per month)
- Coaching Membership in good standing with USA swimming.
- Red Cross Certification in Lifeguard Training, CPR and First Aid
- Minimum 2+ years coaching experience, preferably at the Club level
- Ability to Motivate and inspire swimmers of all ages on proper stroke technique, strength and conditioning, and goal setting and create a positive learning environment
Salary commensurate with experience. This is a part time position consisting of approximately 10-12 hours per week and 1-2 meets per month.
LBA follows all State, Local and USA Swimming guidelines for facility maintenance, cleaning, social distancing and masking. LBA conducts daily Health Checks for staff and swimmers, follows limited occupancy guidelines, and implements basic infection prevention
How to Apply
4134 Roland Avenue Baltimore, MD 21211