You are the “Y”.
We’re more than a pool – the mission of the YMCA of Metro Chicago is to develop strong children, families and communities across Metropolitan Chicago through fitness and healthy living, academic readiness, character development and violence prevention. Our 23 membership centers across the city and suburbs, 5 camps, early learning, school-aged and other programs provide everyone with a safe place to swim, learn, play and grow.
For over 135 years, the YMCA has been a pioneer and set the standard for aquatics and quality swim instruction. We rely on the expertise, passion, commitment and energy of our (Aquatic Coordinators, Lifeguards, and Swim Instructors) to continue this legacy and contribute to the health and wellness of our children, families and communities.
To provide instruction and workouts that will prepare the participants for their individual needs such as competition, fitness, etc.
Scopes of Responsibilities:
- Develop a communication plan and schedule to ensure transparency of information.
- Promote and cultivate team building among swimmers across age groups, parents, coaches to foster team building & camaraderie for lifelong good sportsmanship skills
- Embrace, enhance, and demonstrate by example.
- Develop fun and engaging training programs for the younger swim groups.
- Select swim meets to provide the best competition for the varying group levels (Y and USA local/state/region/National).
- Aerobic/anaerobic training, drills, drylands; history of on-deck instruction for all ages, clinics and workshops.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent with prior experience with competitive swimming experience.
- 10+ years swim coaching experience
- Minimum of 2 years of prior experience in competitive coaching leading high-level age group swimmers, senior State/Regional/National level; College swimming experience preferred.
- Ability to manage day-to-day operation and swim meet participation of a swim club with 200+ athletes ranging 5 to 18 years old.
- History of successfully developing competitive, high‐performance swimmers and progressing them from development to age group to the national level. Creative out-of-the-box thinker.
- Meet certification requirements of Head Coach: Lifeguard, first aid, CPR/AED and Swim Coach certifications. Proficient with Team Manager and TeamUnify. Member in good standing with USA Swimming.
- YMCA swim team coach experience a plus.
- Excellent & timely interpersonal/communicative skills at all levels (swimmers, parents, coaches, YMCA executive administration).
- Charismatic leader organized/goal oriented and a good role model.
- Passionate coach willing to work with each swimmer to achieve their potential, especially with the strong competitive groups.
- Coach who understands the individual needs and tailors their coaching appropriately.
- Love to work with kids and motivate swimmers to achieve their potential.
- Results producing advocate: identify opportunities for improvement and propose solutions that will benefit swimmers.
- Able to create and nurture environment of excellence in sport through a comprehensive training program.
How to Apply
Email resume to [email protected]
1030 W Van Buren