Applications due 09/30/18
Location: 126 North St, Waterville, ME 04901, USA
The Mid – Maine Dolphin Swim Team is looking for a Head Swim Coach! The Dolphin team is a competitive program for swimmers ages 6-18+ years! We currently have approximately 150 swimmers who compete throughout Maine, New England and nationally in both USA and YMCA swimming events!
The head coach is responsible for screening/evaluating team members, helping swimmers develop goals, planning practices, scheduling meets, working with parent volunteers as well as providing on deck coaching at practices and all swim meets. In addition, this positon assists the AYC Aquatic Director with the effective and efficient operation of the Alfond Youth Center Aquatic Department facilities and programs, with a primary responsibility of serving as the Head Coach of the Mid Maine Dolphins club swimming team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organize and conduct practice workouts that are developmentally appropriate, well organized, and which demonstrate trackable progression throughout the course of the season.
- Develop a team culture that is focused on Youth Development, which rewards effort and commitment, not only results.
- Assist swimmers in developing, evaluating, and achieving goals.
- Schedule, organize, and administer home and away meets, making sure all necessary paperwork is completed in submitted on time.
- Remain current and educated with developments in the field of competitive swimming. Incorporate this knowledge via delivery of Dolphins swim team practices, meets and special events.
- Work with Dolphin Parent Group who may wish to assist the Head Coach with organizational and administrative functions such as officiating or fund raising.
- Minimum three years related experience in Swim Coaching.
- Experience coaching competitive swim programs.
- Ability to communicate pleasantly with a variety of people; children and adults.
- Excellent customer services skills.
- Knowledge of AYC programs/ Dolphin swim team/USA and YMCA swim programs
- Must possess any required certifications (i.e. YMCA Swim Coach, First Aid, CPR, and Life guarding).
- Ability to pass State Bureau of Investigation, Department of Health and Human Services, Department of Motor Vehicle, Fraud and Sex Offender Registry background checks.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Recreation Management, Physical Education, or other related field preferred.
ASCA Level 3 certification, lifeguard certification, first aid, CPR/AED and member of ASCA, USA and YMCA coaching.
This is a full-time, year round positon. Starting pay will be $14 – $17 per hour DOE.
Health, dental, vision, LTD, 403b and paid time off.
How to Apply
Please send your resume and letter of interest to: Heather Breznyak, Human Resources Director. [email protected]
Alfond Youth Center
126 North St
Waterville, ME 04901