Date posted: September 8, 2022
Location: 67 Court St, Westfield, MA, USA
Under the direction of the CEO and/or Aquatics Director the Head Swim Team Coach oversees the operations of the Westfield YMCA Wave Swim Team. Develops, organizes and implements high quality YMCA and USA competitive swimming program. Provides leadership to overall YMCA competitive swim program as well as part time coaches and volunteers. Works with staff to insure YMCA competitive swim program operates at peak performance. Develops, organizes and implements high quality, member-focused YMCA aquatic programs.
The YMCA WAVE Swim Team is an age group swimming program that focuses on all of our swimmers developing their abilities in a competitive swimming program that stresses overall growth, both personally and athletically, in a safe environment. We actively promote the four core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility as our foundation. This enables our members to develop in a competitive team environment that will give them the skills necessary to be successful in swimming and in life.
Directs and supervises all competitive swimming program activities to meet YMCA objectives. Organization, administration, program development, promotion and daily operation of the swim team and other aquatic responsibilities as assigned.
- Assist with Organization, administration, program development, promotion and daily operation of aquatics programs. Ensures compliance with state regulations and Y-USA standards for aquatics.
- Lifeguards and teaches swim lessons as assigned. Oversee and monitor lifeguards and swim instructors daily along with the aquatics director.
- Provide lifeguard breaks and coverage when needed.
- Establishes new activities and expands current competitive program within the community in accordance with YMCA standards.
- Insures that program operates within program guideline as directed by state, local and YMCA health and safety regulations. Maintain a clean, safe environment for swim team participants.
- Actively market, develop, and promote the swim team, swim lessons and other assigned programs
- Recruits, hires, trains and directs part time coaches and volunteers. Reviews and evaluates staff performance on a yearly basis. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals. Ensures records of staff certifications are current and complete.
- Schedule and organize trainings to ensure staff are certified in required areas.
- Ensures high quality member-focused programs through innovative program development, evaluations, and ongoing training of staff.
- Creates thorough, age-appropriate workouts that are connected to swimmer’s goals, as well as skill development on completive swimming.
- Provides leadership and administrative oversight to all matters relating to the team, inclusive of swim practices, swim meets, team performance and interaction with parents.
- Coordinates and executes swim team competitions and meet registrations.
- Oversees information management regarding team activity inclusive of meet information and results, parent and swimmer communications and other publicity needs.
- Attends swim team events such as meets, meetings, social events and year end banquet.
- Actively engages parents and cultivates relationships to create a collaborative swim team environment.
- Develops and controls department budgets related to the position.
- Develops, implements, and manages operating plans to promote program and/or membership growth for the YMCA. Executes strategies to ensure that members and/or program participants connect with one another and connect with the YMCA.
- Assist as needed with YMCA operations, building coverage, meetings and special events.
- Achieve retention goals, as well as growth goals, for department income and special events.
- Provides leadership and support to the annual fundraising campaign and volunteer committees/boards as assigned. Assist in special events.
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community organizations and other entities associated with the swim team
How to Apply
Email Cover Letter and Resume Andrea Allard [email protected]
67 Court St