Applications due 03/08/19
- Minimum of 3 years of aquatic experience as a competitive swimmer or aquatic instructor
- 2 years of competitive coaching
- Working knowledge of competitive aquatics
- Ability to positively lead, communicate, inspire and motivate swimmers of all ages
- Current valid driver’s license and access to personal vehicle
- Plan, organize, and develop the swim team program. Plan, attend, and direct team practices as scheduled. All within the guidelines set by the Aquatics Director.
- Ensure the safety of participants at all times.
- Recruit, hire, develop, and train a group of 6 to 8 assistant coaches.
- Manage and supervise assistant coaches to meet program and safety objectives.
- Maintain proper team records and file reports as needed.
- Attend all YMCA league meetings and team meets. Coordinate entry information to meet all deadlines. .
- Relate to the individual swimmers on a personal basis at practice, at meets, and through goal setting.
- Relate to parents’ concerns through individual contact by appointment, phone calls, or emails.
- Initiate and maintain active communication concerning all aspects of the program with assistant coaches, swimmers, parents and necessary Y staff.
- Other duties as assigned by the Aquatics Director.
- *YMCA of USA Principles of Competitive Swimming & Diving
- *Current American Red Cross or YMCA of the USA Lifeguard Certification
- *CPR for the Professional Rescuer for Lifeguards
- *Administering Emergency Oxygen
- *First Aid
- Child Sexual Abuse Prevention training
- Mandated Reporter training
*Required for coaching deck pass for district and national swim meets
How to Apply
Ray Carroll, Aquatics Director
677 W. Whitehall Road
State College, PA 16801