Applications due 06/30/21
Date posted: June 9, 2021
Location: 1084 Shennecossett Rd, Groton, CT 06340, USA
CAC is a year-round CT swimming club and is s seeking experienced candidates to fill the position of the Head Coach. Looking for individual with excellent leadership, communication, and team building skills to support our growing membership and coaching staff. We are seeking a Head Coach to oversee all aspects of our competitive swim team, direct coaching, and supervision responsible for the entire age group program.
Looking for IMMEDIATE or SEPTEMBER start date.
The overall objective of the position is to continue to guide and grow a USA swimming program that produces the highest attainable levels as well as promoting positive enthusiasm around the sport of swimming for all levels of development. The Head Coach will foster positive relationships, communicate well with their coaching staff, swim team members, and swim team parents. Competitive applicants must be confident in technique instruction, season planning, and program development.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Serve as the overall Head Coach
- Work with Assistant Coaches and organize and manage all coaching staff
- Director for the team’s competitive program, providing leadership and guidance to the team’s coaching staff and board.
- Develop the team’s training group structure, team policies, and follow all USA Swimming guidelines and requirements
- Plan Team Practice Schedule and Meet Schedule
- Assist with meet entry assignments and other meet administrative duties
- Evaluate Training plans and goals for Swimmer Development for all athletes at all levels, including managing the planning of training cycles in conjunction with group lead coaches
- Enforce Team and LSC Policy and Procedures
- Assignment and delegation of duties
- Supervisory and Evaluation responsibilities of coaches
- Manage all hiring and personnel actions for competitive program and Administrative staff
- Act as a role model for swimmers
- Ability to develop and implement a cohesive vision and coaching philosophy
- Familiarity with Team Unify and Hy-tek products a plus but not mandatory
- Must have or be willing to obtain all USA Swimming certification and coaching requirements (CPR, Safety Training for Swim Coaches, USA Swimming Background Check, Athlete Protection, Lifeguard, First Aid, Concussion, etc)
Swim Shop/Sports Apparel Functions and Responsibilities
- Continue the growth of the Sports Apparel Franchise located in Eastern CT and Rhode Island
- Growth of this opportunity is unlimited.
- With assistance of local printer and embroider, you will need to help with securing sales, decoration, organizing, and delivering.
- Compensation plan will be determined on the amount of work done with each sale.
- Over 30 teams in CT and New England currently use our swim shop for their overall team needs and growing. We are on site at certain meets in the area selling suits, goggles, tech suits, and more.
- We sell apparel, uniforms, and equipment for ALL SPORTS including football, lacrosse, baseball, softball, cheerleading, and many more.
Salary: Based on experience and will be determined by the owner.
How to Apply
email resume to [email protected]