Under direction of the Premier Aquatics of Central Kentucky (PACK) Board, the head coach will be responsible for managing and operating all coaching aspects of the PACK swim team.
· Teach and demonstrate the values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility in all relationships and act as a positive role model.
· Plan, prepare for and conduct all team practices, 3 age/ability groups, 4-6 days/week in late afternoon and evening and on weekends. Includes stroke technique and development, endurance, strength, starts and turns, and dry land.
· Supervise, recommend for hire and evaluate assistant coaches.
· Work with assistant coaches to develop and implement appropriate training plans for all swimmers at all levels.
· Work with assistant coaches to maintain safety and consistent growth and development of every swimmer.
· Assist with development of schedules including practice and meet selection.
· Plan and prepare entries for all meets.
· Provide appropriate and constructive on-deck coaching during meets, including travel meets.
· Participate in meetings with peers, supervisors and support staff as requested.
· Facilitate effective communication with parents, swimmers, and other swim teams about everything related to the team’s operations.
· Must currently hold or be willing to obtain all certifications required by USA Swimming.
· Satisfactory background check and referral check.
· Some experience as a swim instructor, swim coach or competitive swimmer.
· Basic computer knowledge.
· Passion to invest in the growth and development of every swimmer and the team.
· Enthusiasm for working with children ages 6-18.
The position will be open until suitable candidates are found with an anticipated start for May 2019.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should please include a resume, cover letter, and list of references (as .pdf files) to [email protected]