Date posted: July 11, 2022
Location: Franklin and Marshall College, College Avenue, Lancaster, PA, USA
Franklin & Marshall College is recruiting for a Head Swim Coach / Assistant Aquatics Manager
Franklin & Marshall College is a residential college dedicated to excellence in undergraduate liberal education. Its aims are to inspire in young people of high promise and diverse backgrounds a genuine and enduring love for learning, to teach them to read, write, and think critically, to instill in them the capacity for both independent and collaborative action, and to educate them to explore and understand the natural, social and cultural worlds in which they live. In so doing, the College seeks to foster in its students qualities of intellect, creativity, and character, that they may live fulfilling lives and contribute meaningfully to their occupations, their communities, and their world.
Franklin & Marshall sponsors 27 intercollegiate teams, and nearly 30 percent of the student body competes in varsity sports. The College also offers five intramural sports and numerous club sports. F&M regards its coaches as educators first and is committed to providing the resources necessary to help them be the best teachers, mentors and leaders they can be for our students.
The Head Coach is responsible for providing effective leadership for, and day-to-day management of, the men’s and women’s swimming program. The Assistant Aquatics Manager assists with the operation of McGuinness Pool including scheduling use, promotes swimming to alumni and students. Assists Aquatics Director as liaison for facility rental groups.
- Implement and maintain a standard of performance consistent with the College’s goals of academic and athletic excellence. Promote academic achievement among athletes. Consult with and work collaboratively with the Athletic Director and the Associate Director of Student-Athlete Health and Welfare regarding the academic performance of student-athletes as appropriate.
- Provides instruction, mentoring, coaching, evaluation of, and guidance to student-athletes to allow them to develop their athletic skills and abilities to maximum potential. Determines appropriate coaching methods and strategies in consultation with the Director of Athletics & Recreation. Provides effective leadership, mentoring and supervision to Assistant Coaches. Provides assistance in scheduling and organizing games & meets. Develops and communicates practice schedules.
- Manage the program within budgetary guidelines. Submit all budget-related reports and requests as required. Advise the Athletic Director of resource needs, including funding needs and staffing needs. Raise DAC funds to meet goal established by Department in cooperation with the Development Office.
- Works with Athletic Communications staff to promote the team and provide relevant information to the media; collaboratively work with College Advancement personnel to promote and administer Diplomat Athletic Club activities and events.
- Assist the Aquatics Director in scheduling facility and lifeguard coverage. Provide support services for outside rental groups including set ups for practices and competition assuring that equipment operates properly. Assist with hiring and training of lifeguards.
- Bachelor’s degree Required
- One to three years of experience coaching Swimming, preferable more years.
- Current CPR, AED, and first aid certification required.
- Ability to think critically and analytically.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Basic skills in Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Must pass the NCAA Division III Coaches Test
- Must be certified to drive College vans per College policies.
- The ability and willingness to provide excellent service and to work in a collegial manner with students, faculty and staff, and other constituencies is essential.
Because this position requires driving for College business, the successful candidate must possess a U.S. or Canadian driver’s license which has been valid for at least two years, have a driving record that is free from excessive motor vehicle violations within the last three years, and have had no convictions in the last 24 months for driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
Because this position works with minors (non F&M students under the age of 18) please review the link below that includes information regarding the protection of minors. This link also outlines information regarding a mandatory training you must complete prior to working with minors. The online training course must be completed at least once every two years by faculty, staff and Franklin & Marshall students who interact with minors
Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of reference checks, a criminal background verification, and verification of credentials. The College will coordinate these verifications.
Franklin & Marshall College requires all employees to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination by sending a scanned copy of their completed vaccination card to Human Resources. Employees may request a religious or medical vaccination exemption by contacting Human Resources.
Full-time members of the Franklin & Marshall College professional staff receive competitive starting pay and a comprehensive benefits package that includes health coverage, dental, vision, education benefits for employees, spouses and dependent children, and enjoy access to all College facilities including dining venues to suit all tastes, recreation and fitness facilities, and libraries, plus access to College performances, lectures, and events.
Franklin & Marshall College is committed to having an inclusive campus community where all members are treated with dignity and respect. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the College does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices on the basis of gender/gender-identity, sex, race or ethnicity, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, veteran’s status, genetic information, family or marital status, sexual orientation, or any other protected class. Individuals who need an accommodation due to a disability in order to submit an application or attend an employment interview should contact Human Resources at (717) 358-3995.
Franklin & Marshall is proud to offer a smoke-free work environment.
How to Apply
All resumes and cover letters must be submitted via this online process. Application review begins immediately. We regret we are unable to accept applications or resumes submitted via mail, email, or fax.
As you are submitting your application via this online process, please ensure that you provide an accurate email address. You will then receive an acknowledgment indicating that your application materials have been received.
Please visit the link below to apply:
P.O. Box 3003