Applications due 09/29/18
Title: Head Swim Coach
REPORTS TO: General Manager, Owners
JOBS SUPERVISED: Associate Swim Coaches
STATUS: Part Time, Hourly
JOB PURPOSES: To instruct, coach, and monitor progress of participants in the swim team program.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
• Establishing a swim program that emphasizes the general philosophy outlined by the Club.
• Hiring and firing the associate coaches and negotiating their contracts within the guidelines and
approved budgets set by the Club.
• Being responsible for the behavior, discipline and actions of athletes during practices,
competitions, and other organized swim team activities.
• Coaching one training group on a daily basis and other training groups on a temporary basis as required to maintain the continuity of the training groups.
• Supervising associate coaches and overseeing all training groups.
• Communicate and meet with the general membership of the swim team for purposes of bringing them up
to date on the status of the program and the performance of their children in the program.
• Work with Club Management to address disruptive swim team members and work to provide a harmonious
• Entering all swim meet entries into the computer system.
• Oversees communication: web site, newsletters, meet information, publicity, team records.
• Planning, scheduling, & implementing all swim team social activities.
All coaches must be certified in CPR during employment. Must maintain valid USA Swimming Coaches certification. All coaches must pass a background check and water safety for coaches.
Physical Demands Standing and walking 95% of shift. Lifting items 5-51 pounds
of Position: during daily routine. Ladder climbing. Stairs up and down. Immersed in pool water many times throughout the day. Exposure to varied weather conditions. Exposure to pool chemical inhalation and skin contact. Bending, stooping, stretching, kneeling, twisting, turning, gripping and grasping. Repetitive arm and shoulder use. Wrist (right and left) for tool use. Pushing and pulling. See hear, smell, talk. Basic math and writing skills.
How to Apply
Email Resume to [email protected]
Los Gatos Swim and Racquet Club
14700 Oka Road
Los Gatos , CA 95032
phone: 408 356-2136
fax: 408 356-2136